Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All the "Dark Knight" Viral Websites

For anyone interested, here is a decent list of all the viral websites (aka marketing campaigns) for "The Dark Knight" (the first sequel to "Batman Begins") which of course opens July 18, 2008.

Also, for a full new look at The Joker himself, click here.
    Last edited by j over; 11-27-2007, 08:39 AM.

Re: All the "Dark Knight" Viral Websites

I like the Gotham Subway map.

Cute.
    @TerranceMulloy

Comment

The Joker is perfect. My experience with Batman Begins was so unique -- it was the first film I can remember that was EXACTLY how I had pictured it to be. The visuals, the designs, everything. It's how I would've made Batman. I've never had a film turn out so close to my hopes. And the Joker is again, how I would've done it. Can't wait.

Ele...

Comment

More Joker talk here.

On a somewhat-related note, I really didn't think "Batman Begins" was as nearly as good of a film as many others seemingly did. My biggest two problems with it were that despite casting the always-capable Cillian Murphy in the role, the Scarecrow just was not that threatening or interesting of a villain and secondly it was the overall design of Gotham City itself. I don't quite understand why no one apparently is interested in creating a more realistic urban/downtown environment for Batman to exercise his heroics in. I'm guessing most of the comics are that way but I still would prefer something less stylized (or I guess comic book-like considering if I wanted to read a "Batman" comic, I would).

Comment

Originally posted by j over View Post
          secondly it was the overall design of Gotham City itself. I don't quite understand why no one apparently is interested in creating a more realistic urban/downtown environment for Batman to exercise his heroics in. I'm guessing most of the comics are that way but I still would prefer something less stylized (or I guess comic book-like considering if I wanted to read a "Batman" comic, I would).
          I agree. I've been reading Batman on and off for years, and every writer and illustrator usually has the same vision of Gotham City - dirty, gritty streets, majestic, "gothic style" skyscrapers and for some reason - always raining (usually).

But in every film, we've never really seen that much of Gotham. Forget the other crappy films. I mean, Gotham looked like a Warners backlot, probably because it was. But Batman Begins gave us the first, real panoramic glimpses of the city, but for some reason Gotham is always betrayed in the same claustrophobic pallette. Where in Spiderman we see New York City for what it is. We see swooping skylines and Raimi takes us down among those buildings. Sure, it's different in tone and look, but why can't we see a living breathing city as opposed to "set peices".

I love what Nolan has done with Batman, but it would be nice to see a less stylized version of Gotham.
          @TerranceMulloy

Comment

Originally posted by Terrance Mulloy View Post
            I agree. I've been reading Batman on and off for years, and every writer and illustrator usually has the same vision of Gotham City - dirty, gritty streets, majestic, "gothic style" skyscrapers and for some reason - always raining (usually).

But in every film, we've never really seen that much of Gotham. Forget the other crappy films. I mean, Gotham looked like a Warners backlot, probably because it was. But Batman Begins gave us the first, real panoramic glimpses of the city, but for some reason Gotham is always betrayed in the same claustrophobic pallette. Where in Spiderman we see New York City for what it is. We see swooping skylines and Raimi takes us down among those buildings. Sure, it's different in tone and look, but why can't we see a living breathing city as opposed to "set peices".

I love what Nolan has done with Batman, but it would be nice to see a less stylized version of Gotham.

Agreed (although I do have to differ on the "Spider-Man" films as they tend to present New York in a more or less comic booky-kind of light as well although slightly less than "Batman").

Another new Joker photo here.

Comment

Originally posted by j over View Post
              More Joker talk here.

On a somewhat-related note, I really didn't think "Batman Begins" was as nearly as good of a film as many others seemingly did. My biggest two problems with it were that despite casting the always-capable Cillian Murphy in the role, the Scarecrow just was not that threatening or interesting of a villain and secondly it was the overall design of Gotham City itself. I don't quite understand why no one apparently is interested in creating a more realistic urban/downtown environment for Batman to exercise his heroics in. I'm guessing most of the comics are that way but I still would prefer something less stylized (or I guess comic book-like considering if I wanted to read a "Batman" comic, I would).

Weak points.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Terrance Mulloy View Post

Are you two both completely blind?

There were more shots of the city of Chicago than any other Batman film ever made.

Gotham City isn't New York City....it's Gotham City. The city is a character. You don't make a fictional city into New York City, because then it becomes New York City. Chicago is the perfect choice of city for these films.

Nightwing operates in New York City mostly(from DC)

Also, some good friends of mine bust their ass to create the miniature/set designs for these films. The designs are a blend of Chicago, New York, and Frank Miller's Gotham City roled into one.

You guys are going to be blown away by this sequel.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Isaac View Post
                  Weak points.

In your opinion, sure...and I respect that but disagree.

Are you two both completely blind?

There were more shots of the city of Chicago than any other Batman film ever made.

Gotham City isn't New York City....it's Gotham City. The city is a character. You don't make a fictional city into New York City, because then it becomes New York City. Chicago is the perfect choice of city for these films.

Nightwing operates in New York City mostly(from DC)

Also, some good friends of mine bust their ass to create the miniature/set designs for these films. The designs are a blend of Chicago, New York, and Frank Miller's Gotham City roled into one.

That, to me, is a weak point (your friends excluded as I'm sure they do work their assorted asses off and I certainly commend them for it). Just because a city is fictional does not mean it has to look fictional/Hollywood-backlot-like.

Just my opinion and I certainly hope "The Dark Knight" works out better.

Brand new promo shots of the Bat and the Joker here.

Comment

I think you may have slightly misunderstood what I was getting at. And fair enough, I do agree with you about Gotham to a degree. But if this film sucks, I'm going to kick your ass
                    @TerranceMulloy

Comment

Working...
                    X