Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm not there

Anyone else seen this yet? Was original - a bit too long for me - but Cate Blanchett made it all worth while. Genius performance from her!
    sigpic http://blip.fm/Peasblossom

Re: I'm not there

Seeing it this Saturday.

Comment

Re: I'm not there

Loved it. Rich and risk-taking, great fun for anyone who was around in the 60s (the opening tracking shot even included someone dressed as my avatar, Moondog, whom Dylan knew as well), with a terrific and convincing performance by Cate Blanchett, and some lovely and interesting performances by the rest of the cast.

And then of course there's the music.

After further reflection, I think that Haynes very distinctly captured what's made Dylan such an interesting figure all these years. Back in the 60s every record he released was like finding a kind of commentary on the world at that particular moment. His album covers were (over)studied for their symbolism, and I remember once seeing Phil Ochs at the Gaslight Café in the Village telling a funny story. He said, "One day I was taking a walk in Central Park, and the clouds suddenly broke, and sunlight streamed in and I heard the voice of God say," and now he put on his Dylan voice, "Phil..." And everyone dissolved in laughter.
      Last edited by Jake Schuster; 12-01-2007, 03:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X