No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Bourne Continues????

http://www.firstshowing.net/2007/12/...hall-confirms/

Frank Marshall is a super-producer. He's produced everything from Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark, to Who Framed Roger Rabbit?, to Hook, to The Sixth Sense, and most recently, The Bourne Ultimatum. Up next on his slate is Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, and Jurassic Park IV, but the most interesting update he provided to Coming Soon recently was in regards to the Bourne franchise. The Bourne Ultimatum wrapped up things quite neatly over the summer, but it's immense success means that Hollywood doesn't want to leave Bourne once and for all just yet.
    @TerranceMulloy

Re: The Bourne Continues????

I for one hope not.
    I'm like an opening band for the sun.
    -- Eddie Vedder: "Push Me / Pull Me"

Comment

Originally posted by Terrance Mulloy View Post
      Up next on his slate is Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, and Jurassic Park IV, but the most interesting update he provided to Coming Soon recently was in regards to the Bourne franchise.
      I'll have to disagree... the raptors packin' firepower, John Sayles-written Jurassic Park IV promises to make all the others look like D2DVD fodder.

I mean, Rose and her M-16 prosthetic is one thing, but a bunch of dinosaurs locked n' loaded and out to rock 'n roll? Boiiiiii!
      "Forget it, Jake. It's Hollywood."

My YouTube channel.

Comment

Originally posted by Terrance Mulloy View Post
        http://www.firstshowing.net/2007/12/...hall-confirms/

Frank Marshall is a super-producer. He's produced everything from Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark, to Who Framed Roger Rabbit?, to Hook, to The Sixth Sense, and most recently, The Bourne Ultimatum. Up next on his slate is Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, and Jurassic Park IV, but the most interesting update he provided to Coming Soon recently was in regards to the Bourne franchise. The Bourne Ultimatum wrapped up things quite neatly over the summer, but it's immense success means that Hollywood doesn't want to leave Bourne once and for all just yet.
        I'm half way through reading The Bourne Legacy by Eric Van Lustbader, who has continued the novel series (another book just came out), and it would make a good movie in the franchise.

I'd be surprised if it was not made.
        TimeStorm & Blurred Vision Book info & blog: https://stormingtime.com//

Comment

Matt Damon said that he'll only do another one of they stick with Paul Greengrass.
          Frosties are just Cornflakes for people who can't face reality.

Comment

Well, then, I hope they either don't make it or Damon doesn't return because Greengrass needs to stick to other projects.
            "Tact's just 'not saying true stuff.' " - Cordelia Chase

Comment

I'm for it.

I like the underdog outsmarting and out-whup-azzing the whole CIA agency. They are great action movies, nothing more, nothing less.

I saw a few minutes of the older version with Richard Chamberlain yesterday...Matt Damon does Bourne at a whole higher level. I haven't seen the scripts for the first three, but there isn't much dialogue for Bourne, yet Damon is putting a complex character on the theater screen.

Damon has turned in some great performances already in his young career, but I have a feeling one of these days he'll take a role that far surpasses anything we've witnessed so far.

A fourth Bourne would likely be a lot better than a lot of things in development....if it's well written

R.O.T.

Comment

Tony Gilroy is da man. Really impressed with his work on the scripts. He gave it the energy on the page.
                "What's worse than being talked about? Not being talked about."

Comment

I've got Gilroy's Bourne scripts -- they've become my bibles for writing action -- I've even started using --

Lots of dashes --

Just like he does --

As my fingers rush across the keyboard -- heart pounding all the while -- lots and lots of dashes -- until the scene is --

Done.

Comment

Originally posted by RogerOThornhill View Post
                    I'm for it.

I saw a few minutes of the older version with Richard Chamberlain yesterday...Matt Damon does Bourne at a whole higher level. I haven't seen the scripts for the first three, but there isn't much dialogue for Bourne, yet Damon is putting a complex character on the theater screen.

Damon has turned in some great performances already in his young career, but I have a feeling one of these days he'll take a role that far surpasses anything we've witnessed so far.

R.O.T.

I like Damon. He seems down-to-earth, while not being a stupido. He's also very talented.
                    Hello. Aren't I cute? Write me a poem. About love.

Comment

Originally posted by Cycstorm View Post
                      Matt Damon said that he'll only do another one of they stick with Paul Greengrass.
                      I'll only go see another Bourne flick if they buy this guy a steady-cam.

Comment

Originally posted by Pencey View Post
                        I'll only go see another Bourne flick if they buy this guy a steady-cam.
                        He has one. Only he never read the manual, so he uses it like a step stool to stand on. He thought it was for him to be steady, so he won't have to worry about falling over while shaking the camera.
                        Don't repeat it; create it.

Comment

Working...
                        X