Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waitress - The Movie

Just rented Waitress the other night and I must say, it was a pretty good movie

Really quirky storyline... not the best writing I've ever come across in a movie but I think the idea was really quite interesting. A little cliched perhaps and near the end, perhaps a little dry and boring but it was done pretty good.

Keri Russell, who I never saw in anything besides Felicity, did a nice job with her character. She's actually quite likeable and I think this movie will lead to more roles in bigger flicks. Good for her though as she was probably quite typecasted being on that TV show.

Not a chick flick at all but a nice, small budget flick that will have you craving pies after (and perhaps during) you watch it.

Overall rating: 6.5 out of 10

Re: Waitress - The Movie

This was a completely forgettable film. I think most of the critical love stemmed from the tragedy of Adrienne Shelly's murder.

The film didn't have characters -- it had cliches. The whole subplot with Russell and Sisto was PAINFUL to watch. Straight out of Southern Trash 101.

The relationship between Russell and Fillion wasn't satisfying because we want to like Fillion's character -- he's a very sweet guy -- but the fact is he's cheating on his wife who, we come to find out, is actually a pretty decent lady.

Everything about the movie was "meh."

Comment

If this film was a buffalo wing, it would be Mild.

Decent movie, but not terrific.

I actually liked Keri Russell's turn. Wasn't too crazy about Matlock's bit.

I say it's worth a rent, considering the bad movies so many others here watch(including me). I recently watched: Wrong Turn 2 and laughed my ass off. This was better than that.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Isaac View Post
        If this film was a buffalo wing, it would be Mild.

Decent movie, but not terrific.

I actually liked Keri Russell's turn. Wasn't too crazy about Matlock's bit.

I say it's worth a rent, considering the bad movies so many others here watch(including me). I recently watched: Wrong Turn 2 and laughed my ass off. This was better than that.

Better than Wrong Turn 2?

That's like getting a positive review from Larry King.

Comment

Loved it minus the excessive horn-honking. You know what I mean.
          si

Comment

I liked it. In fact, I liked it more than I liked JUNO (similar premise), and I liked JUNO quite a bit.

Loved Andy Griffith.

It didn't blow me away, but it delivered a nice cathartic punch.

I think knowing what happened to Adrienne Shelly gives it a little more pop, though. It's hard watching that last scene with her real life daughter.

Comment

Working...
            X