Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JAMES CAGNEY marathon on TCM tonight...

WHITE HEAT
    THE ROARING TWENTIES
    SMART MONEY(THE ONLY FILM CAGS MADE WITH EDWARD G. ROBINSON)
    CITY FOR CONQUEST
    DOORWAY TO HELL(HIS 2ND PICTURE)
    THE CROWD ROARS(WATCH CAGS PLAY A RACE CAR DRIVER IN THIS HOWARD HAWKS GEM)

Plus Michael J. Fox's tribute to the legendary "tough-guy" actor in a 60 minute documentary, and it concludes with another short bio on Cagney.

Wake up to a slap in the face, America...this marathon goes until 11:30 EST.
    sigpic

Re: JAMES CAGNEY marathon on TCM tonight...

Crap, I missed it. And I LOVE him. I'm surprised they skipped 'Public Enemy'.

He was a very, very cool guy, both on and off the screen.

I got a part as a chorus girl in a show called Every Sailor and I had fun doing it. Mother didn't really approve of it, though. -- James Cagney

Comment

White Heat has more drive and intensity than today's crime thrillers. Amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by suzeaa View Post
        Crap, I missed it. And I LOVE him. I'm surprised they skipped 'Public Enemy'.

He was a very, very cool guy, both on and off the screen.

I got a part as a chorus girl in a show called Every Sailor and I had fun doing it. Mother didn't really approve of it, though. -- James Cagney

PUBLIC ENEMY was on when I posted this last night. Just forgot to mention it.

I've got most of these on DVD, but I recorded DOORWAY TO HELL & THE CROWD ROARS for future viewing.

BIO,

Dude, you'll be happy to know that WARNER'S releasing the 3rd piece of their GANGSTERS COLLECTION in MARCH:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...sL._SS500_.jpg

THE MAYOR OF HELL (Classic...)
        BROTHER ORCHID (Eddie G plays a gangster on the run from new boss Bogart, who hides out in a Catholic house of refuge...4 star gangster film right here)
        SMART MONEY (Absolute brilliant gambling hair-man, NICK THE BARBER, played by Eddie G....BORIS KARLOFF is a top gang boss in this one too + Cagney)
        BLACK LEGION (Bogart faces off with an underground group of racists and terrorists...an early screen likeness to the KKK)
        THE PICTURE SNATCHER (Cags as a Gangster gone Tabloid snap-shooter!)
        LADY KILLER (Based on Carson McCullers' novel "The Heart is a Lonely Hunter")

sigpic

Comment

For viewing pleasure, here is the classic GRAPEFRUIT IN THE FACE OF MAE CLARKE scene from THE PUBLIC ENEMY

(only 40 seconds and absolutely crude and hardcore for a 1931 film)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4R5wZs8cxI

When asked, "How did it felt to have an 'unscripted' grapefruit pushed in her face?" MAE CLARKE says, "Wet!"

And also one of my favorite homage videos to the Classic Gangster Pictures of the 30's:

A REAL KILLER
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hTd6...eature=related
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Isaac View Post

Dude, you'll be happy to know that WARNER'S releasing the 3rd piece of their GANGSTERS COLLECTION in MARCH:
            I thought you were going to say Warner's were remaking it.

I nearly had a heart attack.

Comment

Working...
            X