By Crom! $100 mill CONAN movie outta Lionsgate?

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• By Crom! $100 mill CONAN movie outta Lionsgate?

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/35247
    @TerranceMulloy

Re: By Crom! $100 mill CONAN movie outta Lionsgate?

Who's gonna play Conan?

Comment

"SAHARA's Thomas Dean Donnelly and Joshua Oppenheimer" -- a surefire recipe for success! Who in their right mind would watch Sahara, then want these writers for a Conan movie? Or any movie? My nose is bleeding.

-Derek

Comment

With Nu Image/Millenium Films behind this film I am worried.

EJ

Comment

Originally posted by EJ Pennypacker View Post
          With Nu Image/Millenium Films behind this film I am worried.

EJ
          Well, they're bringing Nu Boyana Studios to the table, which is a fairly decent facility (Black Dahlia was shot there). 100 million can go pretty far in Bulgaria.

And after sinking over 18 million into (what ended up being) the D2DVD Day of the Dead, Nu Image/Millenium is gonna need some of the scratch that Lionsgate will be throwing around.

Hopefully it'll work out for both of them. I'd like to see the two companies avoid the peril of getting too ambitious and blowing a business model that has worked pretty well up until now...
          "Forget it, Jake. It's Hollywood."

My YouTube channel.

Comment

I think someone was telling me that their rights to make a CONAN movie was running out, that they've been struggling for years to get something done, use it or lose it. (Or maybe these guys are the ones who grabbed it after someone else lost it?)

Anyway, sheesh, how hard could it have been to come up with a freakin' CONAN movie? Swords, Muscles, Hot chick in metal, evil wizards, CGI monsters ... it's not like any of the fans are expecting deep art there, just coolness and scary fun.

Replacing Arnold, that would be tricky, but come on ...
            sigpic
            "As human beings, our greatness lies not so much in being able to remake the world -
            that is the myth of the atomic age - as in being able to remake ourselves."
            -Mahatma Gandhi.

Comment

Working...
            X