Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heath Ledger Found Dead in NY Apt

watching CNN and they just reported that the NYPD, corroborated by the Associated Press, that Heath Ledger was found dead in his NY apartment. wow. i am so shocked. im still hoping this is untrue but...i loved his acting in Brokeback Mountain and thought he showed amazing range in his career. He was a superstar already but he was on his way to becoming the next Pacino. really really shocked right now.

update: here's a blurb from the LA Times:

New York -- Heath Ledger was found dead Tuesday at a downtown Manhattan residence in a possible drug-related death, police said. He was 28.

NYPD spokesman Paul Browne said Ledger had an appointment for a massage at the Manhattan apartment believed to be his home. The housekeeper who went to let Ledger know the masseuse was there found him dead at 3:26 p.m.

The Australian-born actor was an Oscar nominee for his role in "Brokeback Mountain" and has numerous other screen credits.

update2: pills were found by the bed, says the nypd spokesman.

update3: they appear to be over the counter sleeping pills.

update4: he was renting the apartment to be near his ex-fiance, michelle williams. the pills were not scattered about but in a bottle. his housekeeper and masseuse found him.
    Last edited by lordmanji; 01-23-2008, 05:46 PM.

Re: Heath Ledger Found Dead in NY Apt

Holy f'n ****.

Um... WTF!

Comment

Whoa. That's just tragic.
      Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams telling myself it's not as hard, hard, hard as it seems.

Comment

Just read it on Perez Hilton. Thought it was some really sick joke.

Jesus. What a waste....

Comment

Wow, this is so sad and tragic. I'm totally floored by it. Isn't he married to Michelle Williams with kids and everything?

And while I hate to ask about it already, did they finish filming his scenes for Dark Knight? It doesn't mean much in the grand scheme of things, but still.

Either way, I really, really hate to hear this. RIP

Comment

poss. OD... scary
            I've played poker long enough to understand odds don't mean sh1t - Seamus Bronzeberg

Comment

He and Williams broke up last year.

This is sooo sad. I don't know what to say. He was such a big success and had really done a lot for the Australian film industry indirectly and directly - less lately, but still.

This is horrible beyond words.

(But no I don't think filming had finished, according to reports.)
              sigpic

Website
              Tweets
              Book

Comment

i think his role as the joker wouldve been a career-defining role. take him to the next level after brokeback mountain. just tragic, all that potential.

Comment

What is really eerie is I was talking with a journalism friend of mine who said in the old days (pre 1950s) they would have obituaries for the celebrities all written up in case something happened to them... But most of them were for actors in their 50s, 60s and 70s.

Now, he said, they have ones for celebrities in their 20s and up because of the likes of Paris Hilton, Brittney Spears, Lindsay Lohan, Brad Renfro, River Phoenix, etc.

I'm not trying to take away from the tragedy, but I thought it was eerie how this very topic came into practice today. Very sad
                  Positive outcomes. Only.

Comment

Originally posted by nic.h View Post
                    (But no I don't think filming had finished, according to reports.)
                    Filming is finished, yes, but the movie is still in post which means possible ADR, etc, which may be impacted by his passing.

Comment

You know the irony is that he was in Candy with Abbie Cornish (and Geoffrey Rush). It's a very grim film that I didn't enjoy at all, though it was extremely well acted. Cornish and Ledger were drug addicts. Convincing ones. You'd think he'd have learnt something from his research at the very least. One of the more depressing films I've seen because this beautiful couple turned into feral, drug addicts almost overnight. Like I said, very convincing.

I can't help but think of River Phoenix as a parallel. (A la My Private Idaho.)

The Australian film industry will be thoroughly rocked by this. And his poor family...

God. I actually feel sick.
                      sigpic

Website
                      Tweets
                      Book

Comment

So he was working on Terry Gilliam's new movie, man Gilliam really is cursed.

Comment

Here's the front page article in The Age (Melbourne daily news):

http://www.theage.com.au/news/world/...024937306.html

It will be front page here for some time. It's a huge deal.
                          sigpic

Website
                          Tweets
                          Book

Comment

Originally posted by Slappynipsy View Post
                            So he was working on Terry Gilliam's new movie, man Gilliam really is cursed.
                            Not only that, and I know this is bad taste but I certainly don't mean it that way, but check out these pictures from the filming of the flick:

http://www.hollywoodchicago.com/2007...-film-for.html

Comment

just heard about this on the radio- just horrible.

does anyone know if the batman movie wrapped up? he looked brilliant in that.

Comment

Working...
                              X