Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dragonlance: Dragons of Autumn Twilight

The death of a dream. Dragonlance has come to the big screen. But with cheap animation and piss poor voice acting. I haven't seen it, yet. And I'm scared.

Re: Dragonlance: Dragons of Autumn Twilight

Wow, you're really broken up about this. I saw your myspace post too. There's always hope for a superior sequel.

Ele...

Comment

My wife almost started crying when she saw some stills from it. In the deepest, darkest, crappest days of my late childhood I ran to these books as a safe haven.

And when I re-read them as an adult, I don't so much read them as remember what it was like to read them then.

And these jackasses had to go and drop the ball in making it. This is like Bakashi Lord of the Rings; now I'm gonna have to wait 20+ years for a decent version of these books to be made.

Comment

do not watch it.

i feel about the books pretty much the same way you do, loved them as a kid and after the LOTR movies i thought this trilogy was ripe for a live-action version. it's painful to watch. this was a hatchet job that could've been so much more.

the characters are in a really bad 80s saturday morning cartoon style that is just ugh to watch (it makes the simpsons/family guy look like ninja scroll) and the creatures are in 3D so when they're fighting it's horrible mish-mash.

the dialogue is exposition heavy and the acting is painful. kiefer sutherland is pretty decent as raistlin, but the rest overact (especially the guy who played flint).

avoid like the plague.
        Aiming for mediocrity and falling well short =)

Comment

AFter drying her tears, my wife said, "it reminds me of the animation from JEM. But cheaper."

Comment

So, against all advice and common sense we rented it.

wow. just..well, just horrible.

It's too late for me- save yourselves! Do Not Watch.

Comment

Working...
            X