Transformers 2: Michael Bay Writing the Script?!

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transformers 2: Michael Bay Writing the Script?!

Taken from FirstShowing.net

Of all things to report on today, the best news just happens to be about Transformers 2 and everyone's favorite action movie director, Michael Bay. The annual Visual Effects Society awards took place last Monday night and just about everyone from Transformers was there, including Megan Fox, Michael Bay and the entire ILM visual effects team. Multiple sources have quotes straight from Bay's mouth on the project, including that Bay has been writing the script himself! If you're a hardcore Transformers fan or if you loved the Transformers movie last summer, then you need to read on. Bay and company spill so many juicy details that it would make any Transformers fan foam at the mouth.

Just when you thought things couldn't get any worse, they just did. I'm not as big of a Michael Bay hater as some people, but that doesn't mean he knows how to write a good script. Rotten Tomatoes asked Bay about the status of Transformers 2 and he told them some very interesting news.

"I've been writing Transformers 2," said Bay. "We've got our characters all designed. I always write all my scripts, my movies anyway so at least I've got something to give the writers. It's like a template. We have a really good outline so I worked on that."

Why, oh why, do you ask? Michael Bay is such a diligent director and so excited about that sequel that he wouldn't like the strike prevent him from working. "We had to because I want to make my date. I'm not going to let the strike take me down." I'm glad he's sticking with the date Paramount set of June 26th, 2009 next summer. To be honest, I don't think Michael Bay is that bad, but I know some other people will say that it is an absolute travesty to see Bay writing Transformers 2. It's probably nothing but explosions and… more explosions!

Our friends over at IESB also caught up with both Michael Bay and ILM's Scott Farrar at the VES awards. They first questioned Bay about the fans involvement, and he did say that "the fans did have some influence on some stuff." But what exactly can expect in Transformers 2? How about the Dinobots that used to kick some serious ass in the cartoon? Unfortunately Bay confirms that there are no Dinobots, but there will be "a lot of different, new stuff." Bay continues, saying, "it's just the tip of the iceberg what you saw last movie, in terms of characters, a different types of species, I guess."

Transformers' visual effects supervisor Scott Farrar, one of ILM's head honchos, also added some more details into the mix (via IESB). Farrar said that they've already started work on Transformers 2 and and that they've seen some of the "beginning animatics and they're unbelievable." Farrar also points out the obvious, saying, "Michael's added a lot more robots" and that "this one is going to [have] a huge production value." Hopefully we can trust his word more than Bay's. Considering he works at ILM, the top digital effects house in the world (just barely above Weta Workshop), hearing him say that there are some "unbelievable scenes" is definitely a good thing.

Considering how much I actually loved Transformers last year, I will say without a doubt that I'm excited to see what Bay whips up in the sequel. Whether the far-fetched rumor about transforming air craft carries is true or not, I'm sure Transformers 2 will feature plenty of awesome new robots and plenty of explosions. Bay and the entire ILM team will be back, in fact they're already working on it, and I'm hoping that like Spider-Man 2, we'll get an even better movie than the first. Transformers 2 is currently scheduled to arrive in theaters on June 26th, 2009.

http://www.firstshowing.net/2008/02/...ng-the-script/
    @TerranceMulloy

Re: Transformers 2: Michael Bay Writing the Script?!

I hope it's like the treatment that was floating around a few months ago. But if only hopes were nickels...I'd have a lot of nickels.

"We're all immigrants now, man."
    - Zia (Patrick Fugit), "Wristcutters: A Love Story"

Comment

Oh, please. Bay's treatment is probably 99.9% action with a couple of lines of dialogue thrown in for good measure.

Comment

Somebody better tell Ehren Kruger.

Comment

Working...
        X