Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gambit Cast for "Wolverine"

Quite possibly the most uninspired/uninteresting casting choice to have been made this year so far. No offense to former model Mr. Kitsch, but I personally always had envisioned someone a bit older and more seasoned for the role if it were to ever pop up in a movie.

Could just be me.

Re: Gambit Cast for "Wolverine"

Not bad I guess, but I wish it were Josh Halloway.
    Joan: What does the "T" stand for?
    Jack: Trustworthy.

Comment

Originally posted by NePatsFan View Post
      Not bad I guess, but I wish it were Josh Halloway.

Josh Holloway declined to play Gambit in a potential cameo for "X-Men: The Last Stand" because he felt the character is too similar to James 'Sawyer' Ford, the character he obviously plays on "Lost."

What is interesting to me, regardless of the casting decision that has been made, is that they are including Gambit in this Wolverine spin-off among all potential other spin-offs or even possible further "X-Men" installments. Do the characters of Wolverine and Gambit ever actually intersect, meet or go to battle together in the original comics before they both became X-Men?

Comment

In the history of comic books every character has interacted, fought along side of, or fought against every other character at some point.

Wolverine and Gambit are probably two of the most popular X-men, so what better way to sell a ticket. I've been disappointed three times now to find out that Gambit wouldn't be in X men.

Comment

Originally posted by j over View Post
          Josh Holloway declined to play Gambit in a potential cameo for "X-Men: The Last Stand" because he felt the character is too similar to James 'Sawyer' Ford, the character he obviously plays on "Lost."

What is interesting to me, regardless of the casting decision that has been made, is that they are including Gambit in this Wolverine spin-off among all potential other spin-offs or even possible further "X-Men" installments. Do the characters of Wolverine and Gambit ever actually intersect, meet or go to battle together in the original comics before they both became X-Men?
          Not as far as I know, I do remember them going to New Orleans together to battle The Brood...but it's not like the X-Men movies have followed comic continuity at all... I was hoping the Wolverine movie would use the Havok/Wolverine Meltdown storyline but I knew that was just wishful thinking.

Comment

ryan reynolds is set to play deadpool in the movie.

since when was deadpool even in the movie?

i love the character, and reynolds is cool, but i'm not sure what's going on with this film.

not that i'm expecting much from this movie, but still..

Comment

Deadpool needs to be using the holographic projector he stole from Stark and be in disguise as famed Van Wilder actor, Ryan Renolds... Then it would be awesome.

He also needs to know he is in a movie, and that he is a ripoff of Deathstroke.

Comment

Originally posted by Slappynipsy View Post

He also needs to know he is in a movie,
                they'll never do it, but it'd hilarious if they threw that in there.
                Last edited by Qazworld; 02-19-2008, 03:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Qazworld View Post
                  they'll never do it, but that'd be hilarious if they threw that in there.
                  "Who the hell are you talking to?"
                  "The Audience?"
                  (motions to camera)

Comment

I'd love to write deadpool movie!!!!!

"What until the next big crossover"

The Havok/Wolverine storyline was a good mini, but I like the idea of going with Creed and Silver Fox - especially with the try to tie in Dog Logan as Creed going back to the 1800s.

I would think with Gambit in there, there could be a tip of the hat to Sinister at some point.
                    Half a bubble off level... systems normal.

Comment

Black Eyed Peas member Will.i.am has been cast as John Wraith. Is it just me or is this film a bit too crowded for its own good?

Comment

Originally posted by j over View Post
                        Quite possibly the most uninspired/uninteresting casting choice to have been made this year so far. No offense to former model Mr. Kitsch, but I personally always had envisioned someone a bit older and more seasoned for the role if it were to ever pop up in a movie.

Could just be me.
                        well, it's fitting as Gambit is a uninspired and uninteresting character.

Comment

Originally posted by whistlelock View Post
                          well, it's fitting as Gambit is a uninspired and uninteresting character.
                          I completely disagree. Gambit is my favorite comic book character. He is a thief, a womanizer, a man with a dark past, and has an interesting super power. I don't see what uninteresting about that.

Comment

Originally posted by NePatsFan View Post
                            He is a thief, a womanizer, a man with a dark past, and has an interesting super power.
                            I'm sorry, was that a discription of Gambit?

Or how many other heroes in the marvel world?

Comment

Okay, this is getting ridiculous. How many secondary characters are they going to shove in there?

Comment

Working...
                              X