• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Look: Johnny Depp as John Dillinger in Public Enemies

http://www.firstshowing.net/2008/03/...ublic-enemies/
    @TerranceMulloy

Re: First Look: Johnny Depp as John Dillinger in Public Enemies

This movie's going to be amazing.
    Sent from my iPhone. Because I'm better than you.

Comment

That vould mean... he vould have an enormous schwanzstucker.

Looks like fun. I was fascinated by Dillinger as a kid, so I'm a little put off by Depp playing him. But again... it should be fun.
      "Forget it, Jake. It's Hollywood."

My YouTube channel.

Comment

Warren Oats actually looked like him.

I remember when I was a kid taking the bus to Lincoln Park Zoo, my dad pointed out the Biograph to me as being the place Dillinger was gunned down.

Comment

My father-in-law actually got cast as an extra in a couple scenes. They're shooting in Wisconsin.

Comment

Looking forward to this. Big fan of Bale, Depp, and Mann.

Comment

I'm genuinely excited. Hope things are what I think they'll be.
              sigpic

Comment

Yeah, I was back in Milwaukee to take my woman to the Springsteen concert on St Patty's Day.

Depp and Mann were in town shooting something in the office of the Wisconsin Historic Society - a landmark building that was a bank back in Dillinger's day.

Can't wait for this **** to hit theaters!

Comment

That's what I like to hear, lips. Not only are you a fan of The Boss, but you know your historical societies as well.
                  sigpic

Comment

The Boss was the ****, but he played most of his newer stuff, naturally. I LOVE his old sparse, desperate, gritty Americana style stuff... Nebraska, Ghost of Tom Joad, etc.

E-Street Band was on point though. Mos Def.

Comment

Originally posted by ihavebiglips View Post
                      The Boss was the ****, but he played most of his newer stuff, naturally. I LOVE his old sparse, desperate, gritty Americana style stuff... Nebraska, Ghost of Tom Joad, etc.

E-Street Band was on point though. Mos Def.
                      Word!
                      @TerranceMulloy

Comment

Michael Mann - director at the top of his game and my favourite director at the minute. Johnny Depp and Christian Bale - two of the best actors working today and surprisingly, two of my favourite actors. Add to this equation a crime/drama - one of my favourite genres.

Oh yes, this will be great.

And, I didn't realise we had a few Bruce Springsteen fans here. This is great!

Comment

Mann is da shizzle!

Wasn't too fussed on his last effort with Miami Vice. Might have been because Farrell and Fox both looked constipated throughout the whole film. But visually, it was Michael Mann through and through. I love his technique. Every frame is simply gorgeous.

I'm gonna put all my eggs into this basket though, and I prey to the movie Gods that this doesn't turn out to be a mumbo jumbo pile of lifeless dribble.

I have faith in all the team. Mann, Bale, Depp. These guy's know how to kick serious Box Office ass.

Pitting Bale against Depp is just delicious. The two are certainly cast well - Bale, stiff-jawed, stoic and a man's man; and Depp, slick, cunning and quietly mad.
                          Last edited by Terrance Mulloy; 03-27-2008, 04:24 AM.
                          @TerranceMulloy

Comment

I hope Mann ditches HD for this one and shoots it solely on 35mm. I love HD as much as the next person, and Mann is the master of it IMO, but this film screams to be shot on 35mm.

Oh, and I'll Paypal somebody $20 if they have this script.

Comment

Working...
                            X