Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What's The One Movie Cliche That Would

Whenever a nerd sits down and hacks a computer system across the country that he's never seen before or knows anything about in 10 seconds.
    Screenwriting is like stripping. You don't just dump your clothes on the floor. You tease as you go. And then you get screwed in a back room for money. - Craig Mazin

Comment

Originally posted by prescribe22 View Post
      Well, I disagree. I don't think it lazy writing even in the slightest.

Like I said, I love the prophecy angle. I eat that #### up. Especially when the story teller can play with it in an interesting manner.

Just because a movie like "Eragon" didn't work for some (I haven't seen it) doesn't mean anything to me.

I think the notion of a great warrior or savior taps deep into human psychology. It's been manifested in countless stories throughout human history, and it will continue to be used by storytellers long after you and I are dead and gone.

I guess it sucks for those who don't like it, but it just won't be going away any time soon.

And that makes me happy!
      I didn't even see Eragon. It's just an ultra-cliche way of telling a hero story.
      Sent from my iPhone. Because I'm better than you.

Comment

Originally posted by Pipe View Post
        Whenever a nerd sits down and hacks a computer system across the country that he's never seen before or knows anything about in 10 seconds.
        Yeah. And what's with all the typing? Opening a program requires 10,000 key strokes -- it's rarely just point and click.

Comment

Originally posted by Anointed View Post
          Yeah. And what's with all the typing? Opening a program requires 10,000 key strokes -- it's rarely just point and click.
          I've often wondered what the techies in say, The Bourne Identity, are actually doing at their keyboards? They are looking at a screen, typing, and yelling out, "Bourne is in Paris, Sir!" I guess they are just "analyzing" and stuff...
          Joan: What does the "T" stand for?
          Jack: Trustworthy.

Comment

What is amazing is lowly nobodies like us can identify all these cliches, yet when it comes time for Hollywood to make a parody of different genres... All they do is come up with crap like "Epic Movie" and "Meet The Spartans".

Why can't they do a comedy that spoofs genres in INTELLIGENT ways like this thread basically does? Where actual cliches are used, exposed, then turned 180 for even bigger comedic effect?
            Positive outcomes. Only.

Comment

Originally posted by WritersBlock2010 View Post
              What is amazing is lowly nobodies like us can identify all these cliches, yet when it comes time for Hollywood to make a parody of different genres... All they do is come up with crap like "Epic Movie" and "Meet The Spartans".

Why can't they do a comedy that spoofs genres in INTELLIGENT ways like this thread basically does? Where actual cliches are used, exposed, then turned 180 for even bigger comedic effect?
              Monty. Python.

Comment

It drives me nuts when the characters are looking at some video surveillance footage, but the perp / piece of detail is too blurry or out of focus to see - and then the video technician hit a button called "enhance- - and magically, the source footage increases resolution thereby making the video clear enough to see the baddy's face or a license plate number.

Comment

Working...
                X