Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Talk to Me

I wasn't that excited about seeing it, but thought I'd give it a go via Netflix this weekend -- and was I glad I did! Most of all, it reinforced that Don Cheadle is one of our best actors today. I definitely recommend it. Anyone else here see it?

Re: Talk to Me

I liked the 1st half a lot; the last part of the second act dragged a lot, in my opinion. It was a good, solid movie, though, and the cast was really good.
    "Witticism"
    -Some Guy

Comment

How strange. It's sitting in my mailbox (Netflix) right now -- just have to go get it.

I got it because I really like Chiwetel Ejiofor.

Comment

I agree with cyn. After the first half it just seemed like a HBO cable movie to me. Still good but not all that. But Cheadle was superb as usual, and I've been a fan of Chiwetel's since Dirty Pretty Things with Audrey Tatou. He's never let me down since.

Favorite scene: Chiwetel tells Cheadle who's who in the pool hall.
        "I ask every producer I meet if they need TV specs they say yeah. They all want a 40 inch display that's 1080p and 120Hz. So, I quit my job at the West Hollywood Best Buy."
        - Screenwriting Friend

Comment

I liked this one too. Very solid.

Agree about the second half, it was a bit off. But still very much worth seeing, esp if you like the actors.

Chiwetel is amazing. Great actor and a hottie as well. He's gonna win an Oscar in next couple of yrs.

"Trust your stuff." -- Dave Righetti, Pitching Coach

( Formerly "stvnlra" )

Comment

Working...
          X