Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt Damon, the Informant

Although Steven Soderbergh has yet to unleash his Che' Guevara biopic to the American moviegoers, he's already hard at work on his next film. Titled The Informant, the comedic thriller is an adaptation of Kurt Eichenwald's book "The Informant: A True Story" about a bizarre financial scandal. Matt Damon stars as Mark Whitacre, a top executive at the Archer Daniels Midland corporation who was willing to act as a government witness to a vast international price-fixing conspiracy. TheBadandUgly.com has the first few photos of Damon and set and he looks like your rich, flabby uncle that is fleeing the country to a secluded tropical island. The perfect example of an actor fulfilling a role both physically and mentally - a true testament to the talent of Matt Damon.

Re: Matt Damon, the Informant

Director:

Steven Soderbergh

Writers:

Scott Z. Burns (screenplay)
    Kurt Eichenwald (novel)

Release Date:

27 March 2009 (USA) more
    Genre:

Crime | Drama | Thriller
    Plot:

The U.S. government decides to go after an agri-business giant with a price-fixing accusation, based on the evidence submitted by their star witness, vice president turned informant Mark Whitacre.

Comment

I read the book last winter...but I didn't see a convincing feature film in it. If the screenwriter put together an interesting and coherent story that also fits the facts of the case, my hat's off to him.

I think they are going for a mix of the really awkward and hopefully funny scenes combined with the drama of being an informant. There was never any danger of being killed or anything physically harmful.

R.O.T.

Comment

I dunno, man. Those agri-business dudes play nasty.

I crossed 'em once. Woke up next morning with the head of a farmer's daughter in my...
        "Forget it, Jake. It's Hollywood."

My YouTube channel.

Comment

Matt Damon makes good decisions on films. Looking forward to seeing this!

Comment

Working...
          X