Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What Is Your Blasphemous Remake?

Why not remake bad movies and try to make them good?

Comment

Because then if the movie tanks, the exec would be on the hook for greenlighting some "dog of a movie" that "failed before and will likely fail again".

With a remake of a successful movie, there is a whole other layer of protection with the even-more-insulated corporate owners.

Comment

Originally posted by Slappynipsy View Post
        Why not remake bad movies and try to make them good?
        excellent idea -- now Blake Snyder can get a second shot at Stop Or My Mom Will Shoot heh
        "you have to write right, right?" -- Todd Gordon

Comment

Cool. This time around it can be called Stop! Or My MILF Will Shoot

Featuring Officer Ed Opus (Shia LeBoeuf) and his dear, dear mum (Sandra Bullock).
          "Forget it, Jake. It's Hollywood."

My YouTube channel.

Comment

The Thing.

Just leave it alone for Christ's sake. Look how bad The Fog remake was.
            @TerranceMulloy

Comment

I believe (iow: know for a fact) that any film that "got it right" the first time should be left alone. Because the best you can hope for is second place, and who would want to make something inferior on purpose?

Either remake a film with a good idea and bad execution...or think of something original.

Comment

Originally posted by Terrance Mulloy View Post
                The Thing.

Just leave it alone for Christ's sake. Look how bad The Fog remake was.
                How dare anyone consider remaking a remake!

Comment

Originally posted by TheKeenGuy View Post
                  How dare anyone consider remaking a remake!
                  speaking of, isn't it time for another Star Is Born with rap stars?
                  "you have to write right, right?" -- Todd Gordon

Comment

I want to redo Purple Rain but with a bunch of Emo bands...that would be so hilarious.

Comment

Purple Rain: The Final Cut
                      "Forget it, Jake. It's Hollywood."

My YouTube channel.

Comment

Originally posted by Moviequill View Post
                        speaking of, isn't it time for another Star Is Born with rap stars?
                        Wasn't there a STAR IS BORN remake rumor floating around with Will Smith as the lead?
                        I thought I read or heard about a possible remake of WHAT'S UP DOC (yes, I am aware that it is essentially BRINGING UP BABY but then you have a remake of remake). Please someone tell me this is merely a rumor... I couldn't take anyone but Ryan O'Neal as Dr. Howard Bannister.

Comment

Originally posted by Architeuthis Dux View Post
                          There are a number of stinkers I would like to see redone well.

In particular, I would like to see "Easy Riders" redone with more guns, action, stunts, and naked chicks.

With Nicholas Cage.
                          You're kidding....
                          "A screenwriter is much like being a fire hydrant with a bunch of dogs lined up around it.- -Frank Miller

"A real writer doesn't just want to write; a real writer has to write." -Alan Moore

Comment

I fear the remake of Pelham 123 will miss the humor in the original; it's such a fun yet suspenseful movie, and I doubt the remake will capture that tone.

For a blasphemous remake I would like to see: One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest. I'd love to see a movie closer to the book that makes the Chief the main character. The sequences they could do of his hallucinations could be great.
                            "Witticism"
                            -Some Guy

Comment

Killer Klowns from Outer Space needs to be remade. Some day, God willing.
                              The end is too damn nigh.

Comment

Last I heard, Todd McFarlane was remaking THE WIZARD OF OZ, only dark, edgy and "muscular".

The Warner Brothers remake will see the Munchkins go, Dorothy will be "sexed-up- and her dog Toto will become a warthog.
                                The film studio has joined forces with a comic book artist and writer Josh Olson, better known for his screenplay of a History of Violence. The new version was dreamt up by Todd McFarlane, a media entrepreneur who began his career on the Spider-Man Comic before moving on to his own anti-hero Spawn.

Comment

Working...
                                X