Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ben Kingsley is amazing once again...

Just got back from seeing THE WACKNESS... I love watching gems like this. Sir Ben was his usual self and I hope a nomination next year will do him justice. I loved the film and it fit my age range since the movie is circa 94'. It's got a Half Baked/Kids/Basquiat vibe to it if that makes any sense. I've been hearing good things about this film for a while now since the festivals, but now its out... word of mouth iis getting around. It's worth checking out. 8.9/10

Re: Ben Kingsley is amazing once again...

Absolutely. "The Wackness" is an oasis for anyone who doesn't like summer blockbusters. I like it a lot since I too grew up around that time and related to Josh Peck's character (though I NEVER sold weed out of a ice cream cart!!!). Kingsley and the script should both get nominated, at least, and I think the film will probably be the next "Juno".

www.thewackness.com
    "A screenwriter is much like being a fire hydrant with a bunch of dogs lined up around it.- -Frank Miller

"A real writer doesn't just want to write; a real writer has to write." -Alan Moore

Comment

I believe you also get to see Sir Ben and the lovely Mary Kate Olsen makeout, yes?
      Frosties are just Cornflakes for people who can't face reality.

Comment

Originally posted by Cycstorm View Post
        I believe you also get to see Sir Ben and the lovely Mary Kate Olsen makeout, yes?
        Yeah, but it's not gross. Funny, but not gross. Tell your friends about this film.
        "A screenwriter is much like being a fire hydrant with a bunch of dogs lined up around it.- -Frank Miller

"A real writer doesn't just want to write; a real writer has to write." -Alan Moore

Comment

Working...
        X