• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GHOST TOWN trailer

I will see this. Like everyone in it.

http://www.ghosttownmovie.com/

Re: GHOST TOWN trailer

Hmmm...

Comedy? I laughed once. At the end with the can of air freshner. Did anybody else laugh? Actually, it wasn't a laugh. It was more of a "ha, ha". Not "ROFLMAO"

Maybe I'm not in my funny mood today.

Comment

I don't think it's meant to be a ROFL kind of film. And it certainly isn't marketed for teens (THANK GOD!)

More like a 'As Good As it Gets' type of dramedy.

I guess I'm suffering from Superhero/teen-style comedy fatigue.

Here's a few more trailers I just saw that look interesting:

The Secret Life of Bees:

http://www.traileraddict.com/clip/th...ees/promo-clip

All About Us:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NdgzKdXCMQ

Felon:

http://www.traileraddict.com/trailer/felon/trailer

I've tried to find a decent trailer of 'Changeling', but the one I found is screwed up. Anyone else find a good one somewhere?

Comment

Good cast but what makes this different from Heart and Souls?
        The end is too damn nigh.

Comment

Originally posted by twk69045 View Post
          Good cast but what makes this different from Heart and Souls?
          It is along similar lines. Hard to believe 'Heart and Souls' is 15 years old.

Also, didn't the ghosts on that film follow the lead (Downey) since he was a child? And influence his life as a child and then appear later in his life when he needed help? That's different.

Ghosts and angels... themes that are often revisited.

I read somewhere that Dimitri Martin was writing an interesting script about a guardian angel...

Comment

Yeah he could see them as a kid then they left and came back when he was an adult. It just seemed to work on the same principle to me, not to say Ghost Town is going to be the same movie. Although Heart and Souls is going to be a tough film to outshine. Dimitri Martin's hilirious, I'd see his film if it was a remake of The Godfather.

Comment

I saw a screening of this and loved it. Very funny, well-written, well-acted and well-directed smart, feel-good comedy.

Comment

Originally posted by Joaneasley View Post
                I saw a screening of this and loved it. Very funny, well-written, well-acted and well-directed smart, feel-good comedy.
                Really? The trailer doesn't give that impression. I was bored, but then I'm a Brit and Gervais doesn't have broad acting ability. I love his comedy shows, though, but this? The trailer isn't selling it very well, at least to me.
                "What's worse than being talked about? Not being talked about."

Comment

Sometimes a trailer is a lot better than its movie, and other times the movie is a lot better than its trailer. I'd say this is the latter. I really thought the film was funny, and so did my (comedy) writing partner.
                  Last edited by Joaneasley; 07-15-2008, 09:06 AM.

Comment

Hmmm. I love Ricky, but I wasn't too taken by the trailer.

I'll sit on the fence on this one, me thinks.
                    @TerranceMulloy

Comment

Yeah he could see them as a kid then they left and came back when he was an adult. It just seemed to work on the same principle to me, not to say Ghost Town is going to be the same movie. Although Heart and Souls is going to be a tough film to outshine. Dimitri Martin's hilirious, I'd see his film if it was a remake of The Godfather.
                      I'm also a Dimitri Martin fan. I really hope he steers his career well because he has a lot of talent.

Here's the info I was looking for earlier, but had to go to work:

Will

A couple of months into 2006, Demetri Martin went over to DreamWorks and pitched a movie idea to studio head Adam Goodman, and some other guy named Steven Spielberg. The idea was for a movie called "Will." Apparently they seemed to like it, because they bought it. According to Demetri Martin himself, he has already been paid for it. "I got a deal to write a script for DreamWorks—they paid me—so that’s due in 12 weeks. I actually got to pitch it to Spielberg, and he was excited."
                      While Demetri will not star in this movie, he will have a supporting role of some sort. Currently Scot Armstrong (the writer of "Old School" and "Road Trip") is set to produce it.
                      So far, here is what is known about its plot/story:
                      "Will" centers on an ordinary guy who lives in a world where people's lives and destinies are being written by scribes in Heaven. The man wakes up one day to find that his heavenly writer has decided to no longer draft his life, and he must go about his day unscripted.
                      And yes, it is a comedy.

Moon People

The second movie Demetri Martin is set to not only write, but also star in, is called "Moon People." He pitched it to Columbia Pictures and they bought it. Very little is known about Moon People so far, but James Bobin, a writer/director from "Da Ali G Show," is set to also be working on it.
                      As for the plot, here's what we know: It revolves around a small group of people who return to Earth years after they were sent to colonize the moon.

Comment

Demetri is allergic to peanuts. Just one of things I remember when I was working on Conan, whom he used to write for.

Comment

Originally posted by qualitycontrol View Post
                          Demetri is allergic to peanuts. Just one of things I remember when I was working on Conan, whom he used to write for.
                          Well then for God's sake don't give him any!

Funny, I just looked for a clip of him and the first one mentions the script he's doing:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=uW6DgGRqgBo&feature=related

Comment

Yeah, I've seen some people around here with copies of those scripts.

Comment

Yeah, I've seen some people around here with copies of those scripts.
                              LOL. You tease.

Comment

Working...
                              X