Another Diablo post to piss Terrance off... Xanadu, Stripes and Labyrinth!

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Diablo post to piss Terrance off... Xanadu, Stripes and Labyrinth!

Ivan Reitman talks about Stripes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j137Of8BQlk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eICigdL24rM

Labyrinth:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thoM_3rA09M

Xanadu:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlccOA2x-Kk

Re: Another Diablo post to piss Terrance off... Xanadu, Stripes and Labyrinth!

You know, she's a talented writer, and is a great person but that name is f'ing stupid. It sounds like her favorite chicken sandwich combined with the name of the boy she had a crush on in the 3rd grade.

Comment

Funnily enough, I grabbed Juno on DVD yesterday.
      @TerranceMulloy

Comment

Originally posted by Terrance Mulloy View Post
        Funnily enough, I grabbed Juno on DVD yesterday.
        Not really funny. More like, highly questionable action...

Comment

Originally posted by thewire View Post
          Not really funny. More like, highly questionable action...
          Well, it was in the bargain bin. $9.95 I think?
          @TerranceMulloy

Comment

Is that Australian or US dollars?

Comment

Originally posted by doubler83 View Post
              Is that Australian or US dollars?
              Australian.
              @TerranceMulloy

Comment

Bargain!

Over here it's about £12.99, which works out about $26Aus.

Comment

I like the lady.
                  "A screenwriter is much like being a fire hydrant with a bunch of dogs lined up around it.- -Frank Miller

"A real writer doesn't just want to write; a real writer has to write." -Alan Moore

Comment

I happened to catch it again recently on a flight and I still enjoyed it and think it's a good movie. Having said that - nobody talks like that. Ever.
                    Frosties are just Cornflakes for people who can't face reality.

Comment

Originally posted by Cycstorm View Post
                      Having said that - nobody talks like that. Ever.
                      I think that was definately glossed over. Witty dialogue took front row seats, as opposed to realistic dialogue.

Maybe that was part of the appeal? I mean it was kind of cool the way Page delivered her lines. Her cheeky wit was rather quirky. Could get annoying very quickly though.
                      @TerranceMulloy

Comment

Originally posted by Cycstorm View Post
                        I happened to catch it again recently on a flight and I still enjoyed it and think it's a good movie. Having said that - nobody talks like that. Ever.

Hey, Cy, if you love "Juno", check out "The Wackness", which is probably the Juno of 2008. A high school grad, before college, deals marijuana out of his ice cream cart in the summer of 1994 in NYC, but he can't connect to people, save for his shrink/best client. Things get heated when he crushes on the doc's step-daughter. Brilliant film.

www.thewackness.com
                        Last edited by Madbandit; 07-17-2008, 06:14 AM.
                        "A screenwriter is much like being a fire hydrant with a bunch of dogs lined up around it.- -Frank Miller

"A real writer doesn't just want to write; a real writer has to write." -Alan Moore

Comment

Yeah I wrote a blurb for it when it came out and thought it looked interesting. I'll try to catch it in theaters, but I am so backed up with what I need to see there, I might have to catch it on DVD. But I'm definitely planning to take a look.
                          Frosties are just Cornflakes for people who can't face reality.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                            X