Seriously, You Couldn't Make This Sh*t Up!

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seriously, You Couldn't Make This Sh*t Up!

Asylum, the studio behind such classics as Snakes On A Train, Death Racers, The Da Vinci Treasure, Transmorphers and Monster, now bring you...

Click here to find out.

Man, how this place doesn't get sued is beyond me.

Re: Seriously, You Couldn't Make This Sh*t Up!

Other greats include "Allan Quartermain and the Temple of Skulls", "AVH: Alien Vs Hunter" with Dedee Pfeiffer, and "Pirates of Treasure Island" with Lance Henriksen.

Poor Mister Lance Henriksen, what have they done to him...?
    -- Another Writer

Comment

Asylum branching out into the musical Christsploitation market.

Seriously though, with the right marketing, this could easily be their most successful movie. The Evangelical Christian market is pretty willing to support anything with Jesus on the cover.

"Allan Quartermain and the Temple of Skulls"
      At least I didn't see no CG gophers or CG flying monkey in the trailer. Or Tarzan impersonators.

I'm really curious as to how much Asylum makes off these movies. I remember browsing their forums once (when they had forums, before they got spammed to hell). They used to encourage people to submit scripts. If I remember correctly, their budget for their films was roughly $200,000. They were offering writer's 1% of the budget for a script.

Comment

I'm surprised Disney isn't challenging this in some way... They've had to build more vaults to hold their HSM franchise money.

Comment

Comes out 3 days prior to High School Musical 3. Those sneaky Asylum people.

Comment

Originally posted by doubler83 View Post
            Asylum, the studio behind such classics as Snakes On A Train, Death Racers, The Da Vinci Treasure, Transmorphers and Monster, now bring you...

Click here to find out.

Man, how this place doesn't get sued is beyond me.
            The logline is not bad though.

Last night in San Pedro

Comment

You think so? It sounds "meh" to me.

Of course, it's not really my kind of film, so...

Comment

You think so? It sounds "meh" to me.

Of course, it's not really my kind of film, so...
                It sounds more interesting then the movie it is ripping off.

Last night in San Pedro

Comment

George Lucas still hasn't responded to my refund request for Indy IV. Perhaps the Temple of Skulls with be more entertaining than the Crystal Skull was.

R.O.T.

Comment

Originally posted by thatcomedian View Post
                    It sounds more interesting then the movie it is ripping off.
                    Well, it couldn't be much worse.

Originally posted by RogerOThornhill View Post
                    George Lucas still hasn't responded to my refund request for Indy IV. Perhaps the Temple of Skulls with be more entertaining than the Crystal Skull was.

R.O.T.
                    Only one way to find out. Rent it. And while you're at it, rent the War of the Worlds film that they did. See if it's any better than the Spielberg version.

Comment

...while you're at it, rent the War of the Worlds film that they did. See if it's any better than the Spielberg version.
                      Never saw War of the Worlds. Haven't seen any of Tom's movies for quite some time. Nothing too personal, but business is business and he'll have to earn my price of admission.

I know this isn't fully logical, but sometimes it is easier to enjoy a movie when you have low expectations (cheap rip-offs) compared to movies that had everything going for them (Indy IV)[Spielberg, Ford, Lucas, big money, Blanchett, etc] that don't meet my high expectations. I guess I just expect too much from a $200 million budget.

R.O.T.

Comment

I actually saw a bunch of Asylum movies in Woolworths. £2.99 each. That was still too expensive for me. But I might have a look tomorrow. See what I can see.

Comment

Originally posted by AnotherWriter View Post
                          Other greats include "Allan Quartermain and the Temple of Skulls", "AVH: Alien Vs Hunter" with Dedee Pfeiffer, and "Pirates of Treasure Island" with Lance Henriksen.

Poor Mister Lance Henriksen, what have they done to him...?

I LOVE THIS MADNESS!
                          sigpic

Comment

Watch the trailers. Some of them DO look kinda entertaining.

Comment

The Adult Film industry rips off things all the time. Just change a word and you can make up your own titles...Dark Nighty, Handcock, Sex Guru, Kung Fu Cheerleaders...it an endless supply of titles and plots to re-use.

Comment

Working...
                              X