No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• loose change

wow. we are evil.
    You only get one chance to rewrite it 100 times.

Re: loose change

There are enough actual scandals. There's no reason to make them up.

Comment

i find it hard to believe that reasonable people can't identify that this 'might' have been an inside job.

i for one never believed it was, but i'm seriously doubting it now. isn't that what democracy is about?

FOR THE GREATER FAUCKING GOOD.

Comment

If this was an inside job, the people behind it would have done so much more to shine the light so brightly away from them. In response to this film, I think it was this film specifically, popular mechanics did a series of tests and interviews with engineers and were able to reasonably explain away every single point these kids made about the towers going down. This is a doc made by angry twenty year olds, don't buy into it.

It's actually quite aggravating because their implications give a moral reprieve to the people actually responsible.
        The end is too damn nigh.

Comment

Somewhere online there's a British show that really unravels a lot of the accusations in Loose Change. Just because someone makes a documentary, doesn't mean it's true. Think of the number of people who would have needed to be involved to pull this off.

I think becuase it was such a huge, traumatizing event, it's hard to believe that it could have been done so simply. But I really put no stock in any conspiracy 9/11 theories.
          "Witticism"
          -Some Guy

Comment

I have seen Loose Change, by the way, and while it makes for compelling drama, much of the information is false or misleading.

I do concede that the Bush administration was more resigned to the fact that a terrorist attack would happen than they should have been, in large part because knew that it would allow them to advance their neo-con agenda.

That's lightyears away from the absurd theory that Loose Change is positing, though.

Comment

Originally posted by TheKeenGuy View Post
              I do concede that the Bush administration was more resigned to the fact that a terrorist attack would happen than they should have been, in large part because knew that it would allow them to advance their neo-con agenda.
              Totally agree.
              Last edited by Terrance Mulloy; 09-11-2008, 07:13 PM.
              @TerranceMulloy

Comment

I actually lost some friends over this doc. They believed it was real. Therefore, I couldn't be friends with them anymore.

I told them to go be friends with Charlie Sheen.
                Script Reviews - 5 a week! http://scriptshadow.blogspot.com/

Comment

I saw it at a screening at the local arthouse theater. I was shocked during the discussions afterwards that most of the people there bought into it.

This despite the fact that there was even two girls in the audience who saw the low-flying plane in DC before it hit the Pentagon, flying so low that they could see the terrified people inside.

Comment

It's just terrifying remembering that whole thing. Terrifying putting yourself in those people's situations. Terrifying thinking about how it could've happened. Most of those people died only hearing the very beginning of what was going on. Remember all that misinformation? When we didn't know how big the attack was or how extensive it was going to be? Dying believing that maybe the U.S. was at the beginning of a war. I can't even imagine.

Everybody has their Sept 11 stories but I was dating a girl at the time who lived 6 buildings over from the World Trade Center and the 6 hours where nobody could call anyone b/c the phones were jammed were 6 of the scariest hours of my life.
                    Script Reviews - 5 a week! http://scriptshadow.blogspot.com/

Comment

i for one 'don't' believe the accusations, but i for one, love the fact that we as a nation can discuss it without a tank driving over us.

Comment

Originally posted by THEUGLYDUCKLING View Post
                        isn't that what democracy is about?
                        Yes. The founding fathers were all about logically bunk conspiracy youtube videos with spooky music.

Comment

Originally posted by Sinnycal View Post
                          Yes. The founding fathers were all about logically bunk conspiracy youtube videos with spooky music.
                          That and scientology.
                          The end is too damn nigh.

Comment

no, the founding fathers were into buggery and not paying their taxes.

Comment

Working...
                            X