Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The International Trailer

The International is Tom Tykwer's latest film about an Interpol agent, played by Clive Owen, who attempts to expose a high-profile financial institution's role in an international arms dealing ring.

http://www.firstshowing.net/2008/09/...th-clive-owen/

The International is directed by German filmmaker Tom Tykwer, of Run, Lola, Run and Perfume: The Story of a Murderer previously. The original script was penned by first-time screenwriter Eric Singer. Sony Pictures is releasing The International in theaters everywhere on February 13th, 2009.
    @TerranceMulloy

Re: The International Trailer

Loved Run Lola Run. His other films became a little too weird for me.

Quick story: I was talking to this girl I just met at Starbucks and it turned out she was in the perfume business. "Perfume" had come out recently and she looked artsy (we were at Starbucks) so I asked her if she had heard of the film. She said no and asked me what it was about. I cheerfully (without thinking) described the storyline - about a serial killer who goes around killing women to capture their scent for his perfumes.............. dead silence. I don't think there's anything more humbling than the "creeped out" look a girl can give you.

Needless to say, the conversation went south from there - despite my attempts to get it back on track ("Oh, so is that a mocha vanilla frappacino you're drinking?") Ugh.
    Script Reviews - 5 a week! http://scriptshadow.blogspot.com/

Comment

Saw a rough cut of this during the summer. I liked it a lot. Many Tykwer signature shots throughout. Tight thriller. Trailer makes it look good without giving away 'too' much.

Comment

Quick story: I was talking to this girl I just met at Starbucks and it turned out she was in the perfume business. "Perfume" had come out recently and she looked artsy (we were at Starbucks) so I asked her if she had heard of the film. She said no and asked me what it was about. I cheerfully (without thinking) described the storyline - about a serial killer who goes around killing women to capture their scent for his perfumes.............. dead silence. I don't think there's anything more humbling than the "creeped out" look a girl can give you.
        Funny!

Related tidbit of info. - Scentless Apprentice is a song by Nirvana that is based on the novel that Perfume is based on.

Comment

OT. Has anybody seen Clive Owen smile? I haven't.

I mean, the guy was about to get it on with Jennifer Aniston and he couldn't even crack a smile then. Of course, that film was Derailed so that could have had something to do with it.

Comment

You haven't seen Clive smile? Oh man, I don't wanna rub it in your face what your missing, but it's life changing. It's the image that won't leave my eye lids, to this very day.
            The end is too damn nigh.

Comment

Originally posted by doubler83 View Post
              OT. Has anybody seen Clive Owen smile? I haven't.

I mean, the guy was about to get it on with Jennifer Aniston and he couldn't even crack a smile then. Of course, that film was Derailed so that could have had something to do with it.

What about "Shoot 'Em Up"?
              "A screenwriter is much like being a fire hydrant with a bunch of dogs lined up around it.- -Frank Miller

"A real writer doesn't just want to write; a real writer has to write." -Alan Moore

Comment

Originally posted by Madbandit View Post
                What about "Shoot 'Em Up"?
                I never saw that. I heard it was sh*t!

Oh right, Monica Belluci.

I'm smiling now!

Comment

Originally posted by twk69045 View Post
                  You haven't seen Clive smile? Oh man, I don't wanna rub it in your face what your missing, but it's life changing. It's the image that won't leave my eye lids, to this very day.
                  That good, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by doubler83 View Post
                    I never saw that. I heard it was sh*t!

Oh right, Monica Belluci.

I'm smiling now!
                    I liked it as a guilty pleasure.
                    "A screenwriter is much like being a fire hydrant with a bunch of dogs lined up around it.- -Frank Miller

"A real writer doesn't just want to write; a real writer has to write." -Alan Moore

Comment

Damn, I think I actually did buy it in one of those 3 for £20 deals. I'm gonna check that out later.

If I did buy it I'm gonna watch it tonight.

Comment

Shoot 'Em Up was a fun flick. (especially on Blu-ray.)

Comment

Working...
                        X