Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help With Some Movie Trivia

This is not earth shattering but you would help two people sleep better because this is really beginning to bug us ...

We're trying to identify the movie where the lead character pretends to be a doctor, lawyer, indian chief, etc. in order to obtain status (and especially more dates) but finds out that the new personna isn't what it's cracked up to be and goes back to being himself - boring but wiser.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Re: Need Help With Some Movie Trivia

Catch Me If You Can, minus the indian chief.

Comment

Can you tell us a little more about the genre? Is it an older film, or more recent? Do you remember anything else about the movie?

Comment

Was it The Great Imposter, a Tony Curtis flick from '61?

Heh... looking at the dates, I'm wondering if Frank Abagnales was inspired by this.
        "Forget it, Jake. It's Hollywood."

My YouTube channel.

Comment

It wasn't Catch Me If You Can but thanks for the reply.

No, it's an older film about how the job, no matter how glamorous, doesn't guarantee happiness - it has to come from within. We can "see" the lead characters in our heads but the names won't come to us.

And we thought we were good movie buffs ...

Comment

For some reason it's ringing a dim bell as a 70s made-for-TV movie, but it's not coming to me right now.
            "Forget it, Jake. It's Hollywood."

My YouTube channel.

Comment

Need Help?

Originally posted by socalwriter1 View Post
              We're trying to identify the movie where the lead character pretends to be a doctor, lawyer, indian chief, etc. in order to obtain status (and especially more dates) but finds out that the new personna isn't what it's cracked up to be and goes back to being himself - boring but wiser.

Any ideas?
              Originally posted by socalwriter1 View Post
              ...it's an older film about how the job, no matter how glamorous, doesn't guarantee happiness - it has to come from within. We can "see" the lead characters in our heads but the names won't come to us.

And we thought we were good movie buffs ...
              DAYDREAMS, (a public domain film which can be downloaded at the Internet Archive).

YOUNG MAN: ...I'll test myself by going away to the city and performing great deeds. If I'm not successful, I'll come back and shoot myself.

GIRLFRIEND'S FATHER: Very well. I'll lend you my revolver.
              JEKYLL & CANADA (free .mp4 download @ Vimeo.com)

Comment

The Secret Life Of Walter Mitty

A big-time classic that still needs a DVD release.
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X