No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Eagle Eye

Originally posted by Slappynipsy View Post
    They took the cell phone scene from The Matrix and stretched it out for 2 hours.
    That's exactly what I thought when I saw the trailer.

Comment

Interested in knowing why the action scenes in the script are giving you a headache (I haven't read it).

Did see the movie, and it's a mess, but kind of watchable. NORTH BY NORTHWEST meets FORBIN PROJECT. Watching the action scenes gave me a headache - I still don't understand the point of staging a big expensive car chase - then using a long lens and shaking the hell out of the camera so that we can't see what is happening. I want to see my cars crash into each other!

The direct lift ending from MAN WHO KNEW TOO MUCH was okay - if dopey.

And what I really don't understand - you have *one person* in the entire world who can help you... and you keep doing things that will probably kill them. Makes no sense.

And so much of the stuff is pointless - they rob an armored car for... that?

- Bill
      Free Script Tips:
      http://www.scriptsecrets.net

Comment

Certainly, attempting to rob an armored truck is a small feat and there is zero chance you end up in jail or injured. Perhaps all that you really need is a nifty computer to give the heads up!?

Comment

Originally posted by wcmartell View Post
          Interested in knowing why the action scenes in the script are giving you a headache (I haven't read it).

- Bill
          The page is cluttered, we're talking 5 - 7 lines with no spacing. I like rhythm in an action script --- action writing needs to be progressive. It was a pain to read.
          "What's worse than being talked about? Not being talked about."

Comment

Originally posted by ShaneBlackFan View Post
            SPOILERS

If ARIA has control of "everything" couldn't it use F-16s to fire upon the Whitehouse?
            So many bad ideas in the movie. A computer that can control everything, even eject a pilots seat while in mid flight, had to come up with an elaborate way to kill the president and his cronies that took 2 hours. Wow.

Shia's character was never established in the beginning either. I did not care about him or what happens to him through the movie. There was nothing there to identify with.
            I read to the first typo

-Hollywood agent

Comment

Working...
            X