Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ironman

missed this discussion, recently rented it and thought it was the best comic adaption of all time.

me thinks pg13 has a new benchmark for pushing the envelope. the entire script was perfect. i realize that building the suit twice could be thought of as a cheat, and the movie could have been shorter, maybe, but they painted tony stark perfectly.
    You only get one chance to rewrite it 100 times.

Re: ironman

Completely overrated. Terrible pacing for the first hour.

Comment

Originally posted by THEUGLYDUCKLING View Post
      me thinks pg13 has a new benchmark for pushing the envelope.
      In what way?

Comment

Originally posted by THEUGLYDUCKLING View Post
        missed this discussion, recently rented it and thought it was the best comic adaption of all time.

me thinks pg13 has a new benchmark for pushing the envelope. the entire script was perfect. i realize that building the suit twice could be thought of as a cheat, and the movie could have been shorter, maybe, but they painted tony stark perfectly.
        Big fan of this too, but it isn't my favorite comic adaptation. It is close to the top in my book...high grade material.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MacG View Post
          In what way?

I think he was referring to comic book film adaptations only.
          sigpic

Comment

The Tony Stark character made the movie. It's not the best but it's up there.

Also 300 mill at the box office plus DVD sales says to me no one really cared about the pacing in the first hour.
            Last edited by stuy; 10-03-2008, 04:58 AM.
            I read to the first typo

-Hollywood agent

Comment

Originally posted by stuy View Post
              Also 300 mill at the box office plus DVD sales says to me no one really cared about the pacing in the first hour.
              Yeah, and every summer movie that makes a ton of cash is perfect, right?

Comment

Originally posted by MacG View Post
                In what way?
                Dude, it mentions myspace -- and I have a myspace page.

Dude, the movie is talking to me.
                But this wily god never discloses even to the skillful questioner the whole content of his wisdom.

Comment

Completely overrated. Terrible pacing for the first hour.
                  The first act of the movie is quite dark by comic book movie standards - hero captured, deprived of his liberty, forced to work for an enemy, uses brute force to escape. Kind of mirrors what's happened in the real world. The rest of the movie has a lighter tone - more the typical Marvel approach - hero against a big bad guy, wins the day, gets the girl.

Comment

Working...
                  X