Which movie will ROCK the box office this Christmas!

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Which movie will ROCK the box office this Christmas!

Originally posted by MacG View Post
    Not based on what I've been hearing about it, it won't....
    Don't underestimate the power of women. 'Hardball' looked awful and did well primarily because of them. And this movie looks like it might appeal to a male audience as well. The "end of the world" ones usually do.

Comment

Originally posted by bed-and-bones View Post
      Don't underestimate the power of women. 'Hardball' looked awful and did well primarily because of them. And this movie looks like it might appeal to a male audience as well. The "end of the world" ones usually do.
      Keanu Reeves's HARDBALL? Did well because of women?

And you're saying the secondary audience for THE DAY THE EARTH... is men?

Comment

Originally posted by bed-and-bones View Post
        I wish you didn't come to my defense This doesn't make much sense.
        Women would be a secondary demographic.

As for the smash, hit-o-meter, this film falls in line with Independence Day, it's got everything the 17-35 male loves to eat up. I personally don't enjoy this type of film, but it has blockbuster written all over it and every prediction BO market out there agrees. After researching all the films that will be coming out from now till January, this film is predicted to do the best box office numbers.

Comment

What about Baz Luhrmann's Australia epic? I think this will do very well at the BO.

Comment

Originally posted by MacG View Post
            Really?

Well, in my defense, I've been living under a rock for quite some time.
            I hadn't heard of this until recently either. My manager in L.A. tells me the projections are through the roof. The books are wildly popular with teens that grew up with Harry Potter and are now looking for something a little more sexy and dangerous.

But it won't appeal to adults, IMO, like the Potter movies do.

Comment

Deadline Hollywood says TWILIGHT has already sold out 100 or so midnight shows. Damn! Thing doesn't even open for another two weeks....

So I did some poking around now that I've emerged from under my rock and I gotta say...this thing looks laaaaaame. Of course, I don't think 28-year-old males are the demo their courting, but still. Couldn't pay me to watch that film.

Comment

The Spirits going to do well too. Better than The Day the Earth Stood Still but almost two weeks later.
                The end is too damn nigh.

Comment

Twilight will bring in the teenage masses that Harry Potter p*ssed off by being pushed back to next year.

Solace will maybe do $150 million.

Comment

Working...
                  X