Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eagle eye

saw this the other night, had no idea spielberg did it and as i'm going through the movie i'm thinking to myself how 'identical this is' to A.I. and terminator.

Then when i watched the scene inside the tunnel with the drone plane i realized it was virtually the identical set when smith was in his audi.

This isn't an indictment of speilberg, well, maybe a little one, but it's more of a realization that so much of your writing has the same elements in every story simple because the basic premise behind your story could be told a half dozen different ways with different characters.

i remember someone saying this about six years ago, i think it was martell, and he basically said the same thing, that our ideas find their way in our scripts again and again, it's just told with a different plot and different characters.
    You only get one chance to rewrite it 100 times.

Re: eagle eye

Spielberg was only a producer.

Comment

Re: eagle eye

Originally posted by Biohazard View Post
      Spielberg was only a producer.
      Exactly. My friend and his partner wrote this script and I can assure you it was not intended to be a Spielberg re-hash. Spielberg had the seed of the story but the writers ran with it in their own creative way.

By the way, I enjoyed the film, it was fun regardless of the harsh critiques. If you go into it as a popcorn action film, you'll have a great time.

Comment

Working...
      X