Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lethal Weapon 5 confirmed dead

Apparently Shane Black's Lethal Weapon 5 script was fabulous. But without producer Richard Donner's participation, seems it may have been difficult to convince Mel Gibson to jump on board. Read a little more at the link:

http://www.mania.com/lethal-sequel-d...le_113611.html

Re: Lethal Weapon 5 confirmed dead

Anyone know the skinny as to why Silver and Donner had such a rancorous falling out?

I know it goes back a number of years. I had a general at The Donners' Company in '04 and remember the then-DOD commenting on it in passing.

It was quite a partnership; too bad it went the way of the dodo....

Comment

Mel Gibson will be president in 2020 after they amend the constitution and Ah-nuld leads the Republican party to victory and gets his eight years.
      Frosties are just Cornflakes for people who can't face reality.

Comment

Originally posted by Cycstorm View Post
        Mel Gibson will be president in 2020 after they amend the constitution and Ah-nuld leads the Republican party to victory and gets his eight years.
        He was actually born in the US so no constitution revisions needed

Comment

Originally posted by Scriptman View Post
          Apparently Shane Black's Lethal Weapon 5 script was fabulous.
          There was a post somewhere on 2A about this and CE made it clear there was no script just a treatment.

Comment

Treatment or script, I'd love to read it.
            "I ask every producer I meet if they need TV specs they say yeah. They all want a 40 inch display that's 1080p and 120Hz. So, I quit my job at the West Hollywood Best Buy."
            - Screenwriting Friend

Comment

About a month ago, I heard it from Shane Black himself that he actually wrote the script.

He also said that Mel was not interested because his reputation was crap and making LW5 would be bad PR for him. i.e. he would look desperate.
              The best way out is always through. - Robert Frost

Comment

I could see that.
                "I ask every producer I meet if they need TV specs they say yeah. They all want a 40 inch display that's 1080p and 120Hz. So, I quit my job at the West Hollywood Best Buy."
                - Screenwriting Friend

Comment

Working...
                X