Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KNOWING...The critics are trashing it.

A damn shame too. Wasn't this written by a former DD'er?

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/knowing/

Re: KNOWING...The critics are trashing it.

Yup, written by UncaLeo. That said, I heard it was extensively reworked.

Comment

What a shame. Every trailer I see makes me more and more excited for this film. I don't know what people's problems are with Nic Cage. I've never taken an issue with any of his acting.

I think people just think that it's now fashionable...the "it" thing to bash him and his films.

INT. PINEAPPLE - DAY

Comment

It was definitely reworked and almost totally rewritten. I liked the smaller, original concept much better.

Comment

"Knowing is among the best science-fiction films I've seen -- frightening, suspenseful, intelligent and, when it needs to be, rather awesome."

http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/...903189991/1001

The man has spoken!

Most Critics follow social trends... ebert just watches the movie that was made.

Comment

Originally posted by 12916studios View Post
            What a shame. Every trailer I see makes me more and more excited for this film. I don't know what people's problems are with Nic Cage. I've never taken an issue with any of his acting.

I think people just think that it's now fashionable...the "it" thing to bash him and his films.
            Have you watched THE WICKER MAN?

"Artificial Intelligence will never match the efficiency of Natural Stupidity"

Comment

Didn't Ebert also give positive reveiws to a pile of stinkers, among them Phantom Menace.

Since he got sick, he has admittedly not wanted to be as harsh on movies as in the past, and gves out positive reviews like candy.

Comment

Originally posted by spacefarer View Post
                Have you watched THE WICKER MAN?
                Yes, and I really quite liked it.

INT. PINEAPPLE - DAY

Comment

Trashed or not, Unca accomplished something few screenwriters have.

And I know I can live with that.

I hope any cold reception won't reflect badly.
                  "I ask every producer I meet if they need TV specs they say yeah. They all want a 40 inch display that's 1080p and 120Hz. So, I quit my job at the West Hollywood Best Buy."
                  - Screenwriting Friend

Comment

Who cares if the critics are trashing it? The script was cool. Movie might be even better. Go see it yourself.

P.S. I'd rather have big box office than critical acclaim any day. But that's just me
                    http://twitter.com/JohnSwetnam

Comment

Originally posted by vmf View Post
                      Didn't Ebert also give positive reveiws to a pile of stinkers, among them Phantom Menace.

Since he got sick, he has admittedly not wanted to be as harsh on movies as in the past, and gves out positive reviews like candy.
                      The Phantom Message is largely a great movie. To this day is hasn't been matched in scope and imagination. Sets, digital effects, costumes, make up, lighting, camera direction and a host of other artistic merits have not been matched.

People tend to confuse their tastes with quality or value. “I don’t like it…” or “I don’t understand it… therefore it sucks.” is faulty logic.

The negativity surrounding the film is purely social hyperbowl. The movie has a pushy pace, a story nobody expected, Character development issues, plot is conceptually flawed and overly pulp acting, still not bad things.
                      Last edited by Goober; 03-20-2009, 03:17 PM.

Comment

I'm still hoping that my Villanova Wildcats can someday make it to the Hyperbowl.

Staying on topic, THE PHANTOM MENACE was an inexcusable pile of shi-- excuse me-- poodoo.

Congrats to Unca for getting a film released with his name on it. Something most of us will never see happen.
                        Reaction time is a factor, so please pay attention.

Comment

Originally posted by Goober View Post
                          The Phantom Message is largely a great movie. To this day is hasn't been matched in scope and imagination. Sets, digital effects, costumes, make up, lighting, camera direction and a host of other artistic merits have not been matched.

People tend to confuse their tastes with quality or value. "I don't like it...- or "I don't understand it... therefore it sucks.- is faulty logic.

The negativity surrounding the film is purely social hyperbowl. The movie has a pushy pace, a story nobody expected, Character development issues, plot is conceptually flawed and overly pulp acting, still not bad things.
                          Oh, sweet Jesus! Please don't challenge vmf when it comes to his hatred of the prequels. Just nod your head politely, suppress you instinct to challenge him, and walk away.

Comment

Anyone has the original script from Unca? I'd love to read it.

Comment

Hey, I'm happy with it.
                              RIP Lew Gastoni.

Comment

Working...
                              X