Frank Miller's "Ronin"-masterless 13th century Sumarai in NYC x-Urban Expressionism!

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frank Miller's "Ronin"-masterless 13th century Sumarai in NYC x-Urban Expressionism!

I hope someone at DD with insider information could tell
    me the latest news on this?

http://www.amazon.ca/Ronin-Frank-Miller/dp/0930289218

When will the movie come out -- estimated release date?

Who's directing and who's writing the screenplay?

Maybe someone already wrote the screenplay????

Will it be Frank Miller himself?

I tried like hell to get the lastest news but got zot and zippo...

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
    Last edited by Ben; 05-12-2009, 09:56 AM.
    You know what the news is. Now you're going to hear ... the rrrrest of the story!
    Paul Harvey
    -
    -
    -

i hope frank miller learned from The Spirit that he should steer clear of directing and stick to co-directing and writing.
    One must be fearless and tenacious when pursuing their dreams. If you don't, regret will be your reward.

The Fiction Story Room

Comment

Re: Frank Miller's "Ronin"-masterless 13th century Sumarai in NYC x-Urban Expressioni

Originally posted by Juno Styles View Post
      i hope frank miller learned from The Spirit that he should steer clear of directing and stick to co-directing and writing.
      Actually, he should steer clear of movies altogether, as those recent credits are a sham, and based on the amount that RR used the GN panels as inspiration for his SC movies.

Miller physically did zip.

Comment

Re: Frank Miller's "Ronin"-masterless 13th century Sumarai in NYC x-Urban Expressioni

Originally posted by vmf View Post
        Actually, he should steer clear of movies altogether, as those recent credits are a sham, and based on the amount that RR used the GN panels as inspiration for his SC movies.

Miller physically did zip.
        yea you are absolutely right...but he'll probably stick to plastering his name as co director and writer regardless.

he better be glad zack synder and RR did such a good job with 300 and SC. i think miller is smelling himself now though, so he'll flop one or two more movies before someone else takes the wheel back.
        One must be fearless and tenacious when pursuing their dreams. If you don't, regret will be your reward.

The Fiction Story Room

Comment

Re: Frank Miller's

Can someone get Ben to sing Daisy while the rest of us try to pull the plug?

PS: *I'm* getting the warning that the thread title is too long, because when you add "RE:" it goes over the limit!
          Free Script Tips:
          http://www.scriptsecrets.net

Comment

Re: Frank Miller

lol,, very witty, again, Mr. Martell.

http://kottke.org/06/04/hal-daisy-2001
            You know what the news is. Now you're going to hear ... the rrrrest of the story!
            Paul Harvey
            -
            -
            -

Comment

Originally posted by wcmartell View Post
              Can someone get Ben to sing Daisy while the rest of us try to pull the plug?
              I guess I have to point this out again:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pKymngWgJw

Comment

Frank Miller's

Hope they make this movie soon.
                Maybe sumarai action is too old school?
                The bar has been raised with the proliferation of
                video games.
                Paul Harvey
                -
                -
                -

Comment

Originally posted by Telly View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pKymngWgJw
                  "It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived." - General George S. Patton, Jr.

Comment

Frank Miller's

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Telly [URL]URL]

Ben is Richard Dreyfuss....thank you.
                    Ben IS RICHARD DREYFUSS, THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...
                    Here's Ben in action -- (lol)
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvVdK01pBfU
                    Last edited by Ben; 05-13-2009, 01:46 PM.
                    Paul Harvey
                    -
                    -
                    -

Comment

Well, that was an one-shot deal, since he was the only cat with a camera knew Will Eisner's hero, than the average cine-auteur.
                      "A screenwriter is much like being a fire hydrant with a bunch of dogs lined up around it.- -Frank Miller

"A real writer doesn't just want to write; a real writer has to write." -Alan Moore

Comment

once again hollywood proves it's more about who you know rather than what you know.

The Fiction Story Room

Comment

once again hollywood proves it's more about who you know rather than what you know.
                          True, but to quote scribe William Goldman, "Nobody knows anything."
                          "A screenwriter is much like being a fire hydrant with a bunch of dogs lined up around it.- -Frank Miller

"A real writer doesn't just want to write; a real writer has to write." -Alan Moore

Comment

Working...
                          X