Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael Bay WTF???

Pulled this from Daily Hollywood Deadline about Michael Bay. I'm not going to analyze his directing skills, I just thought it was funny how much money he garnered from Transformers. How can Michael Bay and superstars pull points and buy islands, but not one single writer has ever made off like a bandit??

"I thought Paramount brass would plotz when Michael Bay recently boasted to Forbes magazine that he made $80 million on the first Transformers' $708 million worldwide gross. (His piece is largely based on the film's profits -- usually 1/3 of the take after the studio recoups its production and advertising costs). So I've learned that Transformers 2 costs $200M (not counting the usual $25M that journalists like me add to compensate for studio obfuscation), and the sequel should open between $160M and $175M for its first 5 days from Wednesday, June 24 to Sunday, June 28. What's this pic gonna gross worldwide? How much of it will Michael take home? I can't think of a better reason for Bay-haters to detest him even more after reading this or that his deal with Hasbro (second only to George Lucas') gives Bay an estimated 8% on Transformer toys tied to the movies.
    This morning Michael Bay also isn't very popular in movie-crazy Korea. According to the local press coverage, the director felt compelled to send a note of apology to press and fans because his recent publicity tour really pissed them off. On June 9th, the evening of the Transformers 2 Seoul premiere, about 600 waited in the rain over two hours for the red carpet event with Michael Bay and stars Shia LaBeouf and Megan Fox. But the entourage arrived way late and were able to spend only a few minutes with the crowd. Then they arrived way late again for the next day's press conference, and several media members staged a walkout. Internet bloggers in Korea, where web piracy runs amok, even started a campaign to boycott the film in theaters. Bay has been trying to explain that Korea wasn't on the world tour but he insisted on it knowing the success of the first film in the country. I think he should just pay everyone off."
    Last edited by Typewriter; 06-17-2009, 08:58 PM.
    The Best Impersonation of Christian Bale Freak Out!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fd5631H6KuE

Re: Michael Bay WTF???

"I thought Paramount brass would plotz when Michael Bay recently boasted to Forbes magazine that he made $80 million on the first Transformers' $708 million worldwide gross.
    Harrison Ford is no different. I read he made 40 million from Indiana Jones 4 - even though he was clearly too old for the role. And Indiana Jones 5 is a real possibility (for 2012) and Ford will be 70 years old.

The top people in recession-hit Hollywood are still raking in the millions. I doubt Ford and Bay are worth anything like the money they make but if their products - Indiana Jones/Transformers - make profit for the studio, they reap the benefits.

Comment

Re: Michael Bay's Earnings

Originally posted by Typewriter View Post
      ...Michael Bay recently boasted to Forbes magazine that he made $80 million on the first Transformers...
      Damn. If only I knew next to nothing about filmmaking, I could be a millionaire, too.

Comment

How much is he going to lose to tax?

Comment

Originally posted by doubler83 View Post
          How much is he going to lose to tax?
          All of it if he's living in California. 44 days til we're bankrupt, people!
          The end is too damn nigh.

Comment

Originally posted by twk69045 View Post
            All of it if he's living in California. 44 days til we're bankrupt, people!
            Don't be an economic girlie-man!
            Frosties are just Cornflakes for people who can't face reality.

Comment

Originally posted by Cycstorm View Post
              Don't be an economic girlie-man!
              ha

Comment

Working...
              X