Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone seen 3d Coraline?

What were the thoughts. The 3d didn't work well on nightmare before christmas. Got a headach. Beowolf was amazing. What about this?
    It's the eye of the Tiger, it's the thrill of the fight

Re: Anyone seen 3d Coraline?

It was the best 3D I have seen. With both Mosters vs. Aliens and Up I felt like I was paying for more than I was given, but seeing Coraline in 3D was worth every penny. Truly incredible.
    For more of my thoughts on screenwriting, check out my blog.
    Jonny Atlas Writes!

- Sic Semper Tyrannis.

Comment

I agree with JonnyAtlas on all his points. Coraline didn't use the 3D technique for gimmicks, instead using it to try to immerse the viewer into the world. I think it worked.

Comment

One of the best movies I've seen this year. Fantastic story, brilliantly realized. I personally think that Neil Gaiman is one of the great untapped sources for literary adaptations.
        Frosties are just Cornflakes for people who can't face reality.

Comment

Just remember that the 3D experience in theaters cannot be properly rendered on television through DVD or Blu-Ray.

As opposed to the polarization process in theaters (where the glasses have a dark lens and a clear lens), they have to use an anaglyph 3D process on TV that doesn't work as well, and which requires colored lenses that wash the color out of the movie.

So if you're using a DVD or Blu-Ray to watch it for the first time, go with the 2D version.

Comment

Originally posted by Cycstorm View Post
            One of the best movies I've seen this year. Fantastic story, brilliantly realized. I personally think that Neil Gaiman is one of the great untapped sources for literary adaptations.
            I've yet to see Coraline, though Gaiman is my favorite contemporary writer.

Did you know that Terry Gilliam was trying to do an adaptation of 'Good Omens' with Depp (Crowley) and Robin Williams (Aziraphale) signed on.... and couldn't get financing? Just a travesty for that project not to get made with those three involved.
            Words... they don't arrange themselves.

Comment

Working...
            X