Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Cove - Trailer

One of the most gut-wrenching documentaries (really a thriller) I've seen. Stunning! The Cove
    Last edited by bioprofessor; 08-08-2009, 10:17 AM.

Re: The Cove - Trailer

I'm torn about seeing this. Looks great and very important, but I'm not sure I can stomach the horrors it's likely to contain. My wife and I like nothing more to see the dolphins out here in the Pacific so I'm having a hard time convincing myself to sit in a dark theater for 2 hours to watch the Japanese slaughter them. How brutal of an experience is the movie itself?
    NOTES / COVERAGE
    15,000+ Screenplays
    [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by EvilRbt View Post
      I'm torn about seeing this. Looks great and very important, but I'm not sure I can stomach the horrors it's likely to contain. My wife and I like nothing more to see the dolphins out here in the Pacific so I'm having a hard time convincing myself to sit in a dark theater for 2 hours to watch the Japanese slaughter them. How brutal of an experience is the movie itself?
      Like any great thriller, there is violence, but that's not the core of this film. It is the ingenuity, guile and bravery (and I am not exaggerating) of this team of documentarians that will take you on an emotional rollercoaster. If you love watching dolphins (in the wild), then you owe it to yourself and them to see this movie. And then, take action!

Bonus: If you're a film techie, you'll enjoy the planning and use of the high-tech, spy gear used by the director to capture the sights and sounds of the atrocities.

Comment

Originally posted by bioprofessor View Post
        One of the most gut-wrenching documentaries (really a thriller) I've seen. Stunning! The Cove
        Just released on DVD. Amazing documentary that feels like a top-notch thriller. Do yourself, and the dolphins, a favor - see it!

Comment

I enjoyed it a lot. Learned a great deal of information I didn't know. However, the trailer makes it look sooooooo amazing, but it's not quite the best documentary I've seen.

Haven't seen the other documentaries yet, but I'd give The Cove the early Oscar. Keyword: Early.

Comment

An absolutely amazing film. Very difficult to watch but also very important to watch.

Can't recommend this one highly enough....

Comment

The Cove - It's Official!

Oscar nomination: Best Feature Documentary

... and the soundtrack (iTunes) is absolutely amazing.

The Cove

Comment

Working...
              X