Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wreck - Movie Project

This isnt a major motion picture its a feature film I have worked on for two years and Done Deal is a great place for us writers and filmmakers to share our knowledge and a great hub of industry networking.

Here is a link to my project page on kickstarter.com (Thanks for any support or comments):

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...-film-project#
    Last edited by invaderujin; 09-24-2009, 07:03 PM. Reason: mod - fixed link for you
    My film Mount Misery which was premiered at Merrick Cinemas in Long Island, New York. Check it out @ http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1642435130/mount-misery-the-movie

Support us if you can

Re: Wreck - Movie Project

Loved it!

My favorite part was:

"Sorry, 'http' does not exist or is not available."

"I dub thee: Sir Non Sequitur." - sc111

Comment

Originally posted by jkk808 View Post
      Loved it!

My favorite part was:

"Sorry, 'http' does not exist or is not available."

Huh what do you mean the link up there should take you right to the site ??? confused ???

www.kickstarter.com
      My film Mount Misery which was premiered at Merrick Cinemas in Long Island, New York. Check it out @ http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1642435130/mount-misery-the-movie

Support us if you can

Comment

Originally posted by richnwealthy View Post
        Huh what do you mean the link up there should take you right to the site ??? confused ???

www.kickstarter.com
        I think he means it didn't. You'll see the mod had to fix your link.
        "Your intuition knows what to write, so get out of the way.-
        ― Ray Bradbury

Comment

More than a little amused by a post linking to a fundraising page by a user named richnwealthy.
          twitter.com/leespatterson

Comment

Originally posted by -XL- View Post
            More than a little amused by a post linking to a fundraising page by a user named richnwealthy.

Nice. I missed that. LOL.
            "Your intuition knows what to write, so get out of the way.-
            ― Ray Bradbury

Comment

yea a fundraiser for a film I'm trying to do it's ok to not support but to bash me for trying to gain support by people I believe to be peers is pretty weak guess thats entertainment for ya. Thanks for the support and comment by the way.
              Last edited by richnwealthy; 09-26-2009, 09:37 AM.

Support us if you can

Comment

1. just use this as more motivation. A few people here who LOL,
                just sho 'em and igno 'em.

2. If you're trying to raise funds for a movie, you have to play the
                game, and appeal to all people. Market yourself. User name
                richnwealthy isn't playing the game. The assumption is that you
                are more interested in $, than the craft of filmmaking.

which may or may not be true, but perception means a lot.

Also, you're a new user, and haven't really contributed to the
                community that you are asking to donate to your film project.
                So that might account for some of the skepticism.

3. Is your script *really* good? Has it been read by people other than
                family/friends. I'd be happy to pass your info on to a guy out here,
                who raises money for short films and low-budget features.

4. I've been aware of kickstarter for a while now, but I don't know that
                that's the best way to raise $7k for a movie. It's difficult to get
                meaningful traffic.

5. Your verbiage on the home page has some typos (it's / its) for example,
                and it kinda runs on for too long, in my humble opinion. If you pared
                it down, it might be more inviting.

sorry, not trying to be harsh, just trying to give you some meaningful feedback.
                good luck
                Last edited by beejay; 09-26-2009, 12:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by richnwealthy View Post
                  yea a fundraiser for a film I'm trying to do it's ok to not support but to bash me for trying to gain support by people I believe to be peers is pretty weak guess thats entertainment for ya.
                  Puh-leeze. I was making fun of your rather poor choice of username (given the circumstances) not your efforts to finance your film. We're all filmmakers here, and if you stick around and get involved you will find support, in one way or another, here. That said, it's pretty clear what kind of support you were hoping for with your post and it is rarely a good idea to ask total strangers for money*.

To add something constructive: I looked the site over and watched the video. Your biggest issue is simply how vague it is. From four entire paragraphs all I get is that it's Groundhog Day meets Crash (a combination that confuses rather than clarifies) and that bad things happen to a main character (who could be anyone) until he reaches a point where he decides not to kill himself. You can't expect people to seriously consider investing in something when they don't have a clear picture of what it is. Also, you need to work on your self-confidence. Hoping to raise $7,000. Hoping to be selected for film festivals. It's not the kind of language that inspires people to believe that you know what you're doing, nor that they have any hope of a return on their investment. Same goes for the typos and grammar errors.

My advice: give the sales pitch another pass. Sell the story. Sell the project. Sell yourself. 3 paragraphs. Clear and specific.

Regardless, good luck with it.

*ETA: Reading it back I've realised how ridiculous a comment this is, in re: to financing a movie, if it's read a certain way. My wording wasn't very clear but I'm confident you'll get my point. However noble your intentions, cold-posting on message boards reads like spam.
                  Last edited by -XL-; 09-26-2009, 05:29 PM.
                  twitter.com/leespatterson

Comment

Maybe his name is Richard Neville Wealthy. Let's not jump to conclusions.
                    The end is too damn nigh.

Comment

Asking writers for money is like drawing blood from a stone.

Actually, asking anyone for money these days.

Start with a short. That won't cost anything, Or a documentary, that won't cost anything either. And then if they get a look in at festival, you'll have the beginnings of a body of work, and grow from there.

But if you want to make a low budget feature, then I think you should try to do a facility deal with a small prod co. But don't ask them for money either, just to use their resources. Camera, lights, editing facility etc.

Comment

I appreciate all the words of encouragement and how real it was too. I've worked in the business for about 5 years it's def a tough field that I enjoy and really love. I've had the screenplay reviewed by different agencies and had support from local business owners. One of my screenplay's got me rep and this is a passion project I want to direct. Again thanks for everything everyone has said.

Support us if you can

Comment

Working...
                        X