THE HURT LOCKER... finally some recognition!

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE HURT LOCKER... finally some recognition!

I was blown away by this.

Comment

Before I get pelted by tomatoes, I just have to say I did not like this movie, at all. I couldn't even finish watching it. Felt like it was a one-trick pony...but hey, that's just me, .
      The best way out is always through. - Robert Frost

Comment

Originally posted by zenplato View Post
        Before I get pelted by tomatoes, I just have to say I did not like this movie, at all. I couldn't even finish watching it. Felt like it was a one-trick pony...but hey, that's just me, .

Brown-Balled by the Hollywood Clika

Latino Heart Project's MEXICAN HEART...ATTACK!

Comment

Originally posted by umo View Post
          I know...

I liked 'Moon'...so, there's hope.

Comment

It's sad when Jeremy Renner dies in 28 Weeks Later.

(.....spoiler)

Poor guy.

Comment

Originally posted by zenplato View Post
              I liked the movie a lot, but I agree that it's kind of a one-trick pony.

IMO, the movie succeeds despite what I personally found to be a disappointingly disjointed, meandering 2nd act.

I thought the first act was amazing! Renner's character was worth the price of admission.

But for me the 2nd act failed to run with that amazing 1st act set up and character. Actually, I thought it stumbled.

If not for an oddly cathartic final shot, I might have walked away disappointed.

Overall, it worked for me, though. I'll be adding this to my Blu Ray collection.

Comment

Originally posted by prescribe22 View Post

But for me the 2nd act failed to run with that amazing 1st act set up and character. Actually, I thought it stumbled.
                Yep...I agree.

Spoiler:

When they were fighting (trading blows) and beating the **** out of each other, it just took me out of it. I guess I wasn't in the right mood. And the subplot with the other guy white guy who is traumatized was disjointed, imo.

But, everyone else I know loves it, so it must be me,

Comment

the majority of the film's scenes were interchangeable. the three main dudes would be disarming a bomb at point a. then the three dudes would be at a sniper shootout at point b. etc. the only continuity streaming through the story was the little kid who sold dvds and was completely insignificant to the story.

none of the characters changed. well, they did but it was done so shortly and wasnt really arcing over the story. sanborn stayed the same throughout the film until his very last scene he talks about wanting a son. if his character arc could be drawn itd look like this:

_________________________________-

same thing could be said for the other two leads.
                  Originally posted by Great White Mark
                  Film is art? Just a tip, it's called show business, not show art.

Comment

Working...
                  X