Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: IRON MAN 2 trailer

It looks like Scarlett Johanssen is some kind of a villain. Perhaps her acting threatens to destroy the entire franchise? No, maybe that breaks down the fourth wall too much.

Comment

I liked it untill the end when Iron Man and War Machine are pitted against a whole load of robot like Iron Men/War Machines.. Who is building an army of Iron Men and why? Seemed kind of silly.

Comment

Originally posted by lordmanji View Post
        honestly whiplash doesn't seem a worthy villain for iron man. yes, he has a pseudo iron manish suit and whips but his skin is exposed which will make him very vulnerable to any attack. i wouldve liked another villain in a full suit or whiplash in one. is there another villain or is that it?
        This is exactly what I was thinking when I saw Mickey Rourke swinging his energy whips sans armor of any kind -- Iron Man would be able to take him out easy breezy...

Whiplash might just a red herring for something else since the last shot of the trailer has IM and WM duking it out with ironmen.

I'm still stoked though!

Comment

My rule of thumb is that I never get my hopes up too high for a summer blockbuster. No matter how clever the trailer.

The outcome of these films is designed to break your heart most the time.
          "There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you."
          -Maya Angelou

Comment

There is another villain. Sam Rockwell is playing Justin Hammer, a business type rival of Stark who will most likely pirate Stark's tech and/or make Whiplash a whole suit as well as make those robots/other armor suits at the end.

Comment

Originally posted by TodayIsTomorrow View Post
              There is another villain. Sam Rockwell is playing Justin Hammer, a business type rival of Stark who will most likely pirate Stark's tech and/or make Whiplash a whole suit as well as make those robots/other armor suits at the end.
              I'm a reader of the comic book series because I'm a geek like that. A few months ago the main storyline was about this guy and when I saw the end of the trailer, I flipped. Looks like they're going to follow, at least loosely, that storyline which rocked in the comic book anyway.

Hammer is a bad-ass villain in the comic-book series.

Whiplash? Yawn. Surely he's just the secondary villain here to something much bigger, which from the looks of it is Hammer and his theft of Iron Man tech (like the comic series). In the comic he's relentless and completely obsessed with the death of Iron Man for reasons I won't divulge here. He really gives Stark a run for his money. Could be very cool if done right.

Comment

Originally posted by Telly View Post
                Whiplash? Yawn. Surely he's just the secondary villain here to something much bigger, which from the looks of it is Hammer and his theft of Iron Man tech (like the comic series). In the comic he's relentless and completely obsessed with the death of Iron Man for reasons I won't divulge here. He really gives Stark a run for his money. Could be very cool if done right.
                That sounds pretty good. I like the idea of dueling "Starks."

Since I'm generally not a comic-reader, I'm a bit worried about the direction of this movie franchise because Marvel is going to start pushing it into "magical" territory. Mandarin is supposed to be the next villain and it looks like they're introducing the Avengers in this one. I wonder how they're going to keep that grounded-in-reality feeling that the first IM did so well without going overboard with super powers.

Comment

Not to be a partypooper or anything but does Robert D. look kind of skinny in the trailer?
                  The Best Impersonation of Christian Bale Freak Out!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fd5631H6KuE

Comment

Looks like they're also basing it on a storyline that (I think) Stan Lee developed when Iron Man was still in Tales to Astonish: the government wanting to use the Iron Man technology for the troops. In the comics, it was Vietnam, but not a stretch given the realities of today.

I'm still waiting for the ultimate villain: Ironing Board.

(Personally, I think they should've used Sub-Mariner as his next villain. Some naked guy with green swim trunks, pointy ears, and little wings on his feet would've made a neat visual fighting some guy in rust proof armor.)

HH

Comment

Second Trailer:

http://www.firstshowing.net/2010/03/...ls-iron-man-2/

Suit up! Looking forward to this.

Comment

damn.....
                        One must be fearless and tenacious when pursuing their dreams. If you don't, regret will be your reward.

The Fiction Story Room

Comment

I gotta say, this looks pretty damn good. I just hope the character stuff doesn't get completely obliterated by the special effects. So often I wish HW would have the guts to pursue character a bit more instead of chickening out and giving us two boring hours of explosions and chase scenes. When they do have the guts, it totally pays off.

Comment

Originally posted by Rantanplan View Post
                            I gotta say, this looks pretty damn good. I just hope the character stuff doesn't get completely obliterated by the special effects. So often I wish HW would have the guts to pursue character a bit more instead of chickening out and giving us two boring hours of explosions and chase scenes. When they do have the guts, it totally pays off.
                            I totally agree. It's precisely why Spiderman 2 is the greatest superhero movie out there.

Comment

I did not like this trailer. I have no idea what it's about, if anything. Looks like they are just going the transformers route and throwing a bunch of **** at us. I don't think I will be lining up in front of the monkey cage. I really hope I am proved wrong because the first one was great, and I was really looking forward to this. Has anyone read/got the script? Can you tell me if it has much in the way of a story?
                              It's the eye of the Tiger, it's the thrill of the fight

Comment

Originally posted by Biohazard View Post
                                I totally agree. It's precisely why Spiderman 2 is the greatest superhero movie out there.
                                But it's tough, it takes a lot of confidence. I'm writing a tentpole kind of thing right now, and I want it to be a mixture of character based stuff and fantasy-adventure stuff, and I look at a trailer like CLASH OF THE TITANS, and I think, damn, how I can compete with that?

But for all I know, that might just be nothing BUT fancy effects, like the atrocious Transformers 2 (I hate that that piece of crap made so much money because it defeats way too many good arguments in favor of other elements necessary to make a film work).

I think one of the reasons AVATAR made such an impact is that a big part of the film was just a guy and a girl flying and climbing trees and getting to know each other in an absolutely fantastic, stunning, imaginary world. The biggest box office hit in the history of cinema, with the most dazzling special effects ever, took the time to slow down. That takes guts, man, when you're clocking in at 250 M for the budget....

Comment

Working...
                                X