Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Repo Men

The futuristic action-thriller, based on the novel "The Repossession Mambo" by Eric Garcia, stars Jude Law, Forest Whitaker, Liev Schreiber, RZA, Alice Braga and Carice van Houten.

In Repo Men, humans have extended and improved our lives through highly sophisticated and expensive mechanical organs created by a company called The Union. The dark side of these medical breakthroughs is that if you don't pay your bill, The Union sends its highly skilled repo men to take back its property... with no concern for your comfort or survival.

Jude Law plays Remy, one of the best organ repo men in the business. But when he suffers a cardiac failure on the job, he awakens to find himself fitted with the company's top-of-the-line heart-replacement... as well as a hefty debt. But a side effect of the procedure is that his heart's no longer in the job. When he can't make the payments, The Union sends its toughest enforcer, Remy's former partner Jake (Whitaker), to track him down.
    http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=61817

Re: Repo Men

The script was only decent. Not in a hurry to see the film.

Comment

Wait... this isn't a sequel to the greatest movie ever made?

- Bill (plate of shrimp)
      Free Script Tips:
      http://www.scriptsecrets.net

Comment

I love the arguments this brings up on the web. It's like watching a vicious **** fight, it's great... REPO! The Genetic Opera fans need to learn that you can't copyright an idea, it's all about the execution. Examples of what I'm talking about aren't required...

Repo! was crap anyway, a huge disappointment, and this looks like it will be disappointing as well. If I remember correctly, the novel had more of a black comedy feel... but who knows, I didn't finish reading it anyway.

Repo Men does make it sound like a sequel doesn't it... interesting.

Comment

I'm really excited for Equilibrium 2 - Repo Men.

Comment

Originally posted by NeuroticMovieMan View Post
            I'm really excited for Equilibrium 2 - Repo Men.
            Although I liked it, Equilibrium's premise of suppressing emotions was ridiculous and flawed.

Comment

As long as they sing the Flight of the Valkyries from Apoc Now whilst running through the streets, give it a little punk sensibility, retain those SF metaphors, and lick silver hands, it should be okay.

... but then again, without Harry Dean Stanton ...
              Forthcoming: The Annual, "I JUST GOT DUMPED" Valentine's Short Screenplay Writing Competition. Keep an eye on Writing Exercises.

Comment

Originally posted by wcmartell View Post
                Wait... this isn't a sequel to the greatest movie ever made?

- Bill (plate of shrimp)
                That was my first thought too, Bill.

Plate of shrimp, I mean.

Comment

Working...
                X