Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 94 minutes in a coffin -- "Buried"

Rodrigo Cortes' Buried will premiere at the 2010 Sundance Film Festival in the Park City at Midnight category, one of eight films selected from over 3724 titles from all over the world.

Paul Conroy (Ryan Reynolds) is a U.S. citizen working as a contract driver in Iraq. After a swift and sudden attack on his convoy, he awakens to find himself buried alive inside a coffin with nothing more than a lighter, a cell phone, and little memory of how he ended up there. Faced with limited oxygen and unlimited panic, Paul finds himself in a tension-filled race against time to escape this claustrophobic deathtrap before it's too late. If the sheer logistics of this premise are enough to make your head hurt, rest assured that director Rodrigo Cortés tackles these issues with relative ease, aided a great deal by a superbly convincing performance by Reynolds, the lone onscreen actor in the film. The result is a gripping and suspenseful thriller that will leave you gasping for air until the very end.
    script:
    http://rapidshare.com/files/32911176...parling_2_.pdf
    Originally posted by Great White Mark
    Film is art? Just a tip, it's called show business, not show art.

Re: 94 minutes in a coffin -- "Buried"

Eight films? Does sundance only screen eight films? WTF?
    It's the eye of the Tiger, it's the thrill of the fight

Comment

That script is pretty intense.

And remember folks, the inheritance tax laws are scheduled to get worse on Jan 1 2011, so give this DVD as a Christmas present to your grandparents.
      Steven Palmer Peterson

Comment

Loved this script.

Comment

It's an out of competition screening-- from Hollywood reporter " in the Park City at Midnight, which tends to house late-night treats either gory or giggly, director Rodrigo Cortes' "Buried" nails Ryan Reynolds into a coffin with just a lighter and a cell phone.

"I didn't think that could ever work, but I got riveted," Cooper said of the latter's claustrophobic setup."

Comment

Originally posted by doubler83 View Post
            Loved this script.

Ditto. Enjoyed the intensity.
            "What's worse than being talked about? Not being talked about."

Comment

*SPOILERS*

Did anyone else hate the ending? I felt it was so inappropriate for the script. I enjoyed the intensity and excellent use of craft here. The ticking clocks were inventive and the character was more than empathetic. But to be put through all of that for a simple down ending? I expected more.

I guess I can understand where it came from thematically, but it didn't work for the story in my opinion.

I'll still see it, though.
              Last edited by Knaight; 01-06-2010, 06:31 AM.
              QUESTICLES -- It's about balls on a mission.

Comment

Script rocked. Hope the film doesn't blow.

Comment

I´d like to comment with you an interview the director had in a spanish broadcast. The script had parts OUT of the coffin. Who decided to make a coup de force and have the whole film in the coffin was the director. They worked the script together and the result was one man, and seven coffins (different kinds of models, including sliding side ones to allow camera to move along and make long 360 shots)

Regarding the final ticking clock and parallel action, it is clear that the original script had these scenes separated and OUT of the coffin and finally, it was melted with the help of the mobile phone...and the end.

I must say that you dont get bored during the film and you end loving it.!!! -No stress No claustrophobia, just action, Incredible !!!
                  You talking to me?

Comment

http://messageboard.donedealpro.com/...ghlight=buried

Comment

I thought the script had its flaws but was otherwise intense and well written. The ending didn't quite fit for me either though. I'm curious how it will turn out. Ryan Reynolds could have a nice dramatic breakout from this but I wonder how the movie is going to look. It seems like kind of a niche film that could play like, well...94 minutes in a coffin.

Comment

Wait 'till you read Sparling's new spec - Sheep Meadow. Seriously intense stuff.
                        @TerranceMulloy

Comment

Working...
                        X