• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bigelow takes DGA award for Hurt Locker

Very deserving.

The first woman to win the DGA award.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/..._id=1004063831

Re: Bigelow takes DGA award for Hurt Locker

I second that--she did a fantastic job. If the film deserves an award, it's for Director. However, I'm almost positive Cameron will win...

Comment

Ehhhh.

Comment

Sorry to bring this angle, but really, talent like that . She's awesome with a heaping helping of awesome sauce. Near Dark, Point Break, The Hurt Locker. I hope against hope that she gets the Oscar.

I'm off to google her pics and giggle like a schoolboy.

Oh to finish that spec that imo has her name all over it. Literally. It's like out of the Shining.

Cut to:

Kathryn Bigelow sets up the shot like this.

Kathryn Bigelow would direct this scene like this...
        #writinginaStarbucks #re-thinkingmyexistence #notanotherweaklogline #thinkingwhatwouldWilldo

Comment

Awesome.

What a talent. What a heart.
          Brown-Balled by the Hollywood Clika

Latino Heart Project's MEXICAN HEART...ATTACK!

Comment

i bet that ego-maniac ex-husband cameron is telling his friends, "i taught her everything she knows." ha! but he won't be able to sleep tonight b/c he was honestly beat fair and square by a talent that has nothing to do with him. i can see him now... lying in the bed with his eyes wide open. not being able to perform and blaming it on too many bumpers of champagne. ha!

Comment

This bodes very well for an Oscar indeed. Only six out of 61 have not won the Academy Award for Best Director.

Comment

Hope it leads to more opportunities in Hollywood for female directors -- and not in limited "women's films" gigs. Great job!
                "I talked to a couple of yes men at Metro. To me they said no."

http://wagstaffnet.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by nuvuefilms View Post
                  Very deserving.

The first woman to win the DGA award.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/..._id=1004063831
                  Yuck, was that a professional article? Seriously, the word to is missing from the headline and it's a historic win, not an (take note of the consonant beginning the following word).
                  Anyway, I couldn't be bothered to read it, but yeah, congratulations to her, I've heard great things about this film and plan to catch it in the pictures out here as soon as I get a free evening.
                  Cufk, Tish, Sips.

Comment

Originally posted by Grandmaster View Post
                    Yuck, was that a professional article? Seriously, the word to is missing from the headline and it's a historic win, not an (take note of the consonant beginning the following word).
                    WRONG! Both a/an historic are correct, one is just much more outmoded than the other, and therefore heard a lot less frequently (especially online).

In my opinion, an historic sounds much better, too.

INT. PINEAPPLE - DAY

Comment

Hmm, I was just coming back to remove that post due to its sheer anal magnitude (I can get that way sometimes), but since you've already chosen to challenge me, I'll merely point out that fishes is now recognised also.
                      In actuality, there's no such word as fishes but its misuse has caused it become acknowledged and added to dictionaries.
                      You may personally be cool with the decline (i.e. bastardisation) of the English language due to its widespread misuse, however, I often am not. The above post was one such instance.
                      Cufk, Tish, Sips.

Comment

That rule about using 'a' in front of all consonants doesn't necessarily apply to words that begin with the letter H. "An historic" is just a particularly archaic example of it -- meaning it has existed from hundreds of years, and is therefore not a bastardization.

INT. PINEAPPLE - DAY

Comment

Excuse me for being schooled in "archaic" England by "archaic" tutors.
                          No, I can bow to defeat: I was being overly anal and felt like lashing out over what was nothing more than a bit of a poorly-worded article. I could have nit-picked on other matters but couldn't be bothered to scroll through more than two paragraphs.

Anyway, you're wrong about "the rule", but I'll accept the exceptions.
                          A history is violence[/i] is correct, whereas, An history of violence is plain wrong no matter how perceived.
                          Cufk, Tish, Sips.

Comment

Working...
                          X