Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm a big fan of "Big Fan"

I rented it on DVD, and I was floored on how good Patton Oswalt was (long shot of him getting an Oscar nom) in the role of a NY Giants fan who gets beat up by his fave star player, after a bad meeting. Brilliant and down-to earth from start to finish.

http://www.bigfanmovie.com/
    "A screenwriter is much like being a fire hydrant with a bunch of dogs lined up around it.- -Frank Miller

"A real writer doesn't just want to write; a real writer has to write." -Alan Moore

Re: I'm a big fan of "Big Fan"

Yup, solid little flick. Very similar to two De Niro movies: THE FAN and KING OF COMEDY, but with the serious tone and grit of THE WRESTLER.

Comment

I hadn't seen much on this film and then I watched it last night. I was expecting a comedy but instead was pleasantly surprised without a tight little drama. Loved it right up until the ending which I didn't really like.
      Joan: What does the "T" stand for?
      Jack: Trustworthy.

Comment

Originally posted by NePatsFan View Post
        I hadn't seen much on this film and then I watched it last night. I was expecting a comedy but instead was pleasantly surprised without a tight little drama. Loved it right up until the ending which I didn't really like.

I loved the ending because it basically sums up what sports fans are: Dedicated.

I wish that ending was written for another black comedy I had mixed feelings for, "Falling Down."
        Last edited by Madbandit; 02-03-2010, 07:04 PM.
        "A screenwriter is much like being a fire hydrant with a bunch of dogs lined up around it.- -Frank Miller

"A real writer doesn't just want to write; a real writer has to write." -Alan Moore

Comment

WHA!!?????????

i've been waiting for this to come out and it's already on dvd? grrr.. dammmniiitttt.

Comment

It screened and screened, then went to DVD. Caught a screening. Liked it.

Comment

Working...
            X