Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clash of the Titans Trailer

I realize that I may be severely out of touch with the under-25 market and that Titans will likely do $150-180mm domestic box office....but dang it this looks horrible to me.

Here are some KEY lines from the trailer:

This is the end. This is just the start!

This isn't your fight!

Someone has to take a stand!

If I do this, I do this as a man!

Release the Grakken! Jerry Seinfeld should have done this line.

I wouldn't recommend using dialogue like that unless it is a studio project assignment already green-lighted.

http://www.firstshowing.net/2010/02/...of-the-titans/

Re: Clash of the Titans Trailer

The Grakken should be the surprise -- so why show it in the trailer?
    "What's worse than being talked about? Not being talked about."

Comment

What's a "Graken"?
      I can't figure out the hate- looks like a top-notch actioner and I'll be in line for it!

And I think that showing the Kraken just makes the teaser more bad-arse: we all know what it is anyway, so there's no surprise lost, however, seeing it in the advert makes us think, "How are they ever going to beat THAT thing?"
      Cufk, Tish, Sips.

Comment

Gladiator meets Harry Potter. Looks like fun!
        TimeStorm & Blurred Vision Book info & blog: https://stormingtime.com//

Comment

Originally posted by Grandmaster View Post
          What's a "Graken"?
          I can't figure out the hate- looks like a top-notch actioner and I'll be in line for it!

And I think that showing the Kraken just makes the teaser more bad-arse: we all know what it is anyway, so there's no surprise lost, however, seeing it in the advert makes us think, "How are they ever going to beat THAT thing?"
          I agree with ShaneBlack. I think showing all their cards ilke that in the trailer is a mistake. I mean it's a remake. It's not a surprise that the Kraken is in the movie at the climax, but it should be something reserved for the viewing.
          Joan: What does the "T" stand for?
          Jack: Trustworthy.

Comment

I would rather watch the original -- it didn't require, like many films, a remake. But agree with the points on "too much in the trailer" -- see this all the time. After seeing a trailer, it's possible to lose the desire to see many films, there appears to be this fear of leaving hooks out of trailers, which has gone too far imo. Trailers should tempt you in and leave out the big surprises, twists, action, they used to do this.
            Forthcoming: The Annual, "I JUST GOT DUMPED" Valentine's Short Screenplay Writing Competition. Keep an eye on Writing Exercises.

Comment

Extreeeeme! Rarrrgh! Spaz! A.d.d!!!!

Comment

i've always thought the trailer looked cool, i never saw the original.
                One must be fearless and tenacious when pursuing their dreams. If you don't, regret will be your reward.

The Fiction Story Room

Comment

Why is it that a James Cameron trailer engages, whilst this just comes across as random CGI showreels?

What is it that the others just don't get?

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Jack Sparrow View Post
                    Why is it that a James Cameron trailer engages, whilst this just comes across as random CGI showreels?

What is it that the others just don't get?

Ask somebody what Clash of the Titans will be about and all they can tell you is that there are these titans...and they clash!

There is no story narative in the trailer nor a clear protag/antag...just lots of clashing.

R.O.T.

Comment

you are wrong. somebody says This isn't your fight! --- then they clash.
                      One must be fearless and tenacious when pursuing their dreams. If you don't, regret will be your reward.

The Fiction Story Room

Comment

Killed another one of my Specs.
                        Peripeteia - A sudden change of events or reversal of circumstances

Comment

The original was one of my favorite movies as a kid, I watched it about 100 times.
                          I wanna tell you about the time I almost died....

Comment

10 new clips -

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/19532
                            @TerranceMulloy

Comment

I'm not planning on seeing Titans, but I'm not hearing great things.

It will be interesting to see the box office for week 1 vs. week 2. I think marketing got the job done for opening weekend, but it could plunge next week.

Evidently there are indeed Titans and they do clash. I still haven't heard anything about story or character.

R.O.T.

Comment

Working...
                              X