No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Clash of the Titans Trailer

Originally posted by TATAM78 View Post
    The original was one of my favorite movies as a kid, I watched it about 100 times.
    harry hamlin in those sandals was so sexy. and that drunken metal bird!!!
    lol! how things have changed.

I'm not planning on seeing Titans, but I'm not hearing great things.
    i never listen... esp after ebert has left the stage
    but this is a problem ingrained in the system. producers and agents don't want to read the scripts of newbies until someone else tells them it's good.
    but what if you don't know who that "someone else" is???!!!

Comment

As a kid, I loved the original. Not only was it cool but it had the gorgeous Judi Bowken's gorgeous naked butt.
      Last edited by Optimus; 04-03-2010, 01:11 PM.
      "Tact's just 'not saying true stuff.' " - Cordelia Chase

Comment

All I'm hearing is that the 3D in this film literally made it unwatchable, unreleasable garbage. Note to the people with money: if a film is shot in 2D with no intention of converting it to 3D, you cannot convert it to 3D in five weeks and have a usable product.

Hopefully we're getting to the point where all 3D films are being shot in 3D from the get go.

The comments about Titans are pretty astounding and universal in how bad they dropped the ball on the 3D here. I called my parents, who said they'd be going this weekend, and told them to go in 2D. Same with a group of friends who were going to see it in 3D at midnight--they opted for the 2D version.

Comment

F*CK 3D!
          Seriously, I've hated 3D since Jaws and all those trials back in the 80's. Let a dead dog rot, I say.
          Cufk, Tish, Sips.

Comment

Found this link at another site. Wow, apparently it was heavily revised after principal photography, so much that they had to do some reshoots. The original seemed like it would've fleshed out a lot of characters, such as the group that goes with Perseus, and focused more on the gods themselves.

Would've been interesting to see this version in theaters. The current version seemed like too much mindless action and too many characters felt under developed. But now we know why.

http://chud.com/articles/articles/23...SEE/Page1.html

Comment

I saw the RealD 3D version, the problem wasn't so much the 3D, it was the story. I actually dozed off about half way in.

The conversion itself, given the timescale, was ok, I mean the 3D wasn't particularly evident always, but it wasn't *that* bad.

Comment

sounds like this is gonna be a dvd flick for me....nobody has come back with the "man this was awesome" comments
                One must be fearless and tenacious when pursuing their dreams. If you don't, regret will be your reward.

The Fiction Story Room

Comment

The one reviewer I trust (my teenager) just saw it. To quote him:

"The writing sucked! I liked the original better."

He's a bit of a mythology buff so his take may be based on higher expectations.

DVD for me.
                  Frustrated? Click here for help:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning...3Kruger_effect

Comment

Devin's article definitely makes sense. This thing was a mess story-wise. And not really much new stuff in the visuals department either. I kind of enjoyed watching it on a pure popcorn level but by no means was it a good movie. I also feel like Sam Worthington probably just showed up on set and said "Crikey, hell no mate!" when they gave him the wig he was supposed to wear. So instead we have an ancient Greek with an Avatar marine buzzcut. I mean I guess it's plausible that Perseus shaved his head completely like two weeks before the events in the movie but let's get serious here.

Comment

Eh, it was ok. Nothing much to it really. Worthington was quite wooden with only around seven lines of actual dialogue. The rest were just scowls and frowns.

The Kraken was already shown in the trailer, so when that scene came (the best scene of the whole movie), it was kinda limp. And Medusa was a bit too CGI-ish for my taste. I actually think Harryhausen's version was much more effective and scarier.

There were some cool moments, but overall I thought it was a bit underwhelming.
                      @TerranceMulloy

Comment

i'm still trying to figure out how he came out of nowhere and starred in this, Avatar and the last terminator flick all within the same 1 and a half/2 year span.

that's a helluva come up.
                        One must be fearless and tenacious when pursuing their dreams. If you don't, regret will be your reward.

The Fiction Story Room

Comment

Originally posted by Juno Styles View Post
                          i'm still trying to figure out how he came out of nowhere and starred in this, Avatar and the last terminator flick all within the same 1 and a half/2 year span.

that's a helluva come up.
                          Pact with the devil?

Don't know, but he must have the bestest agent in the world.

Comment

yea either one of the two....because before T-Salvation he was doing short films and other no name or straight to dvd films that flopped. remind me to sign with CAA asap.

The Fiction Story Room

Comment

Working...
                            X