No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Controversy over Red-Band trailers

Originally posted by Sinnycal View Post
    Search for ten seconds and you'll easily find a graphic depiction of Minnie Mouse getting double penetrated, and people are really worried about kids viewing red band trailers?

There's a Tijuana Bible (an eight-page comic book from the 1930 and 1940s. Read "Watchmen: The GN" or see the film to see an example) of her getting penetrated by Donald Duck.
    "A screenwriter is much like being a fire hydrant with a bunch of dogs lined up around it.- -Frank Miller

"A real writer doesn't just want to write; a real writer has to write." -Alan Moore

Comment

Originally posted by gravitas View Post
      I have that game. Used to play online all the time until it got repetitive and boring.

Now I'm waiting for Bad Company 2.

Comment

Originally posted by Biohazard View Post
        Now I'm waiting for Bad Company 2.
        I was getting addicted to the demo on Playstation network for Bad Company 2, until it was cut off a couple of days ago.

I miss it so bad.
        "Only nothing is impossible."
        - Grant Morrison

Comment

Originally posted by instant_karma View Post
          I was getting addicted to the demo on Playstation network for Bad Company 2, until it was cut off a couple of days ago.

I miss it so bad.
          I have it pre-ordered for the 360, and I know the demo was on the marketplace a month ago. Not sure about it now.

Comment

Seriously?

Okay... the CA economy is in full-on flush mode, and this is what the legislature is occupying their time with?
            "Forget it, Jake. It's Hollywood."

My YouTube channel.

Comment

We should all write to the MPAA demanding ratings to protect adults from content only suitable for children and threatening a class action suit against them if they do not comply. How many more adults are there than children?

I think all trailers in front of R rated movies *need* to be rated R.
              I think adults need to be warned at child content in a film - and there needs to be some additional letter system for the adults.
              I think cinemas need to be required to show an NC-17 movie for every G movie they show.

But at the end of the day - the ratings board really is the only thing that keeps us from some sort of government censorship that would be worse. You *can* see R rated movies, and unrated movies.

And you can see red band trailers - but you have to give 'em your date of birth. So some kid might lie - but is that the trailer's fault, or the kid's?

The only controversey here is that kids who lie - who need to be spanked and sent to bed without supper - are causing problems for red band trailers.

- Bill
              Free Script Tips:
              http://www.scriptsecrets.net

Comment

I am in favor of using the NC-17 rating... just as the X rating was used on Oscar Winning Best Picture MIDNIGHT COWBOY and a bunch of other films that were slapped with X for good reason. What is wrong with a film for adults? Fighting against the X and NC-17 ratings are fighting against movies for adults.

- Bill
                Free Script Tips:
                http://www.scriptsecrets.net

Comment

Originally posted by wcmartell View Post
                  Fighting against the X and NC-17 ratings are fighting against movies for adults.

- Bill
                  No shit. To be honest, I'm all in favour of some rating that only allows people over the age of 25 into a movie. And it has nothing to do with content.
                  "Only nothing is impossible."
                  - Grant Morrison

Comment

We don't need any ratings at all.

Honestly, what is the point? To tell parents if a film is suitable for their child or not? The concept of the film alone should tell you that much!

There should be a little disclaimer in each ad for each film that says "this film contains blank, blank and blank" and that's it. No letter system necessary.

Seriously, society has to stop living in a bubble of fear. Wake up and see the world as it really is, and perhaps even learn and understand real threats instead of wasting time, energy and resources on trivial bulls**t like a boob in a movie.

Comment

I hate to name-drop, but when putting myself through college, I worked at the law firm that Newton Minow partnered at, Sidley and Austin, in Chicago. Minow was a formidable figure.
                      #writinginaStarbucks #re-thinkingmyexistence #notanotherweaklogline #thinkingwhatwouldWilldo

Comment

I'm surprised Hollywood has let the whole R-rating thing continue as long as it has... it totally cocks up the box office. There's a reason why PG13 crap does so well, and it has some to do with the under-17s buying tickets so that they can duck over to the R-rated movies when the ushers are elsewhere. If the ushers even care... selling popcorn is more important to the exhibitors than making sure some sixteen-year-old isn't exposed to language they've been using since they were five. Or skin and violence that becomes old not long after they first log on.

I'm of the mind that a whole lot more seats were filled for a seeming flop like Grindhouse than the tally sheets reflected. But, hey... whatever family fare was playing at the same time got a nice bump.
                        "Forget it, Jake. It's Hollywood."

My YouTube channel.

Comment

Originally posted by TheKeenGuy View Post
                          I'm trying to remember where it was I heard an actor or director talking about how the bloodless violence in PG-13 movies is more corrosive in a way, because it doesn't show the real-world consequences of committing horrible acts.

In a way, it's more responsible to show the blood, to show the suffering, than to just have Wolverine stab a guy in the chest or James Bond shoot a guy in the head and the guy just falls down, kaput.
                          Based on this, you'd have to reclassify almost every kids' cartoon ever made into Adults Only.
                          sigpic

Website
                          Tweets
                          Book

Comment

Originally posted by Biohazard View Post
                            We don't need any ratings at all.

Honestly, what is the point? To tell parents if a film is suitable for their child or not? The concept of the film alone should tell you that much!

There should be a little disclaimer in each ad for each film that says "this film contains blank, blank and blank" and that's it. No letter system necessary.

Seriously, society has to stop living in a bubble of fear. Wake up and see the world as it really is, and perhaps even learn and understand real threats instead of wasting time, energy and resources on trivial bulls**t like a boob in a movie.

Here, here, Bio, but it's going to take a while. Look at the way people reacted at the Superbowl "Nipplegate" scandal in 2004. That proved to me that we didn't learn a damn thing about freedom during the Sept 11 attacks, compounding the tragedy.
                            "A screenwriter is much like being a fire hydrant with a bunch of dogs lined up around it.- -Frank Miller

"A real writer doesn't just want to write; a real writer has to write." -Alan Moore

Comment

Originally posted by RogerOThornhill View Post
                              I'm still appalled at the number of times Elmer Fudd used his shotgun to blow Daffy's beak off...and that was just during wabbit season.

LMFAO..

That has to be the funniest thing I've read on here..

I seriously lost it when I read it.. Funny as fvck..

Comment

Working...
                              X