• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hurt Lockergate

http://apnews.myway.com//article/201...D9E4M06G0.html

Last night in San Pedro

Re: Hurt Lockergate

I haven't seen the film yet. But one thing I learned for sure in an interview Kathy Bigelow gave to the CBS Morning Show is... wow, she has great looking legs.

Comment

Any comments on the legs of James Cameron, Quentin Tarantino or Jason Reitman? How about Scorcese?

Comment

Interesting. I was predicting this thread was going to be about the outrage from Iraq war veterans about how utterly ridiculous and insultingly misguided way the movie represented them. I REALLY hope this movie doesn't win... I enjoyed it, but come on, it just strings together a bunch of tense scenes and calls it a movie.

Comment

Originally posted by cvolante View Post
          Any comments on the legs of James Cameron, Quentin Tarantino or Jason Reitman? How about Scorcese?
          Scorcese has a fantastic ass, and Reitman's boobs are nothing to sneeze at.

Comment

What do you think should be done? This guy tried to influence the voters in a way that is against the rules.

Last night in San Pedro

Comment

Originally posted by jboffer View Post
              Interesting. I was predicting this thread was going to be about the outrage from Iraq war veterans about how utterly ridiculous and insultingly misguided way the movie represented them. I REALLY hope this movie doesn't win... I enjoyed it, but come on, it just strings together a bunch of tense scenes and calls it a movie.

At the risk of sounding unpatriotic (I really do support the troops) I am embarrassed on behalf of any soldiers protesting the realism of Hurt Locker.

Training Day did not depict a realistic day in the life of a police officer. Neither does any movie about Doctors, Scientists or Carpenters.

The fact that some soldiers think that they are somehow different or special (ie. More Important) than anyone else portrayed in films is silly.

Comment

Originally posted by kintnerboy View Post
                At the risk of sounding unpatriotic (I really do support the troops) I am embarrassed on behalf of any soldiers protesting the realism of Hurt Locker.

Training Day did not depict a realistic day in the life of a police officer. Neither does any movie about Doctors, Scientists or Carpenters.

The fact that some soldiers think that they are somehow different or special (ie. More Important) than anyone else portrayed in films is silly.
                Yeah, I'm with you that it's just a movie. But they are really ****ing pissed.

Comment

Originally posted by kintnerboy View Post

It might be that much of the audience of this movie does believe this is highly realistic, and that's what's spawning the protests. I don't think they are just acting against the movie because they find the film to be unrealistic.
                  Joan: What does the "T" stand for?
                  Jack: Trustworthy.

Comment

Originally posted by NePatsFan View Post
                    It might be that much of the audience of this movie does believe this is highly realistic, and that's what's spawning the protests. I don't think they are just acting against the movie because they find the film to be unrealistic.
                    At the Q&A I attended, the screenwriter talked about being embedded as a journalist with a bomb squad and how he drew on those experiences to write the script. I'm guessing he got it pretty right. Getting it right can sometimes be more threatening than getting it wrong.
                    "Your intuition knows what to write, so get out of the way.-
                    ― Ray Bradbury

Comment

Originally posted by Landis26 View Post
                      I haven't seen the film yet. But one thing I learned for sure in an interview Kathy Bigelow gave to the CBS Morning Show is... wow, she has great looking legs.
                      "You're so hot. You're so hot I'm feelin' like a sexist. You're so hot, you're makin' me sexist. Bitch."

FotC

Comment

More up-to-date news on the Hurt Locker gate scandal!

Hurt Locker producer barred from Oscars

A producer for Oscar-nominated war film The Hurt Locker will not be allowed to attend the awards ceremony after breaking Academy rules.

Nicolas Chartier has been barred from the event after sending an e-mail to voters urging them to name his movie as best film over rival Avatar.

Academy rules prohibit the mailing of members to promote or disparage a film.
                        More here:-
                        http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/8546775.stm

Comment

Originally posted by SBScript View Post
                          "You're so hot. You're so hot I'm feelin' like a sexist. You're so hot, you're makin' me sexist. Bitch."

FotC
                          Sexist, me? Sex you.

Comment

Working...
                          X