Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From "Cop Out" to "Streets on Fire"

i guess nobody went to see kevin smith's cop out film this weekend? well i guess this must be the hot new thing in hollywood (trying to make Lethal Weapon or Bad Boys numbers) because they're about to greenlight another one starring Jaime Foxx and Ashton kutcher called Streets on Fire: http://www.joblo.com/index.php?id=31034

dont get too excited guys.
    One must be fearless and tenacious when pursuing their dreams. If you don't, regret will be your reward.

The Fiction Story Room

Re: From "Cop Out" to "Streets on Fire"

Cop Out(couple of dicks) was about the worst comedy script I've ever read.

Comment

The trailer had P.O.S written all over it. Wouldn't see it if they paid me. And it's a shame because I respect all three guys involved.
      "I ask every producer I meet if they need TV specs they say yeah. They all want a 40 inch display that's 1080p and 120Hz. So, I quit my job at the West Hollywood Best Buy."
      - Screenwriting Friend

Comment

dont know if i could stand an entire movie with tracy morgan starring in it, but looks like they did okay on the box office, i expected much worse for the film
        One must be fearless and tenacious when pursuing their dreams. If you don't, regret will be your reward.

The Fiction Story Room

Comment

Originally posted by Juno Styles View Post
          i guess nobody went to see kevin smith's cop out film this weekend? well i guess this must be the hot new thing in hollywood (trying to make Lethal Weapon or Bad Boys numbers) because they're about to greenlight another one starring Jaime Foxx and Ashton kutcher called Streets on Fire: http://www.joblo.com/index.php?id=31034

dont get too excited guys.

It opened in second place with 18.6 million.

This is from an AP story.

"Cop Out" exceeded the studio's revenue expectations and did well despite storms on the East Coast that kept some people at home, said Dan Fellman, Warner's head of distribution.

Last night in San Pedro

Comment

yea i acknowledged it did okay, i really meant people on this board when i said i guess nobody went to see it being as i didnt see a thread started yet in this section for it.

The Fiction Story Room

Comment

I saw it and was pretty surprised and I'm a Kevin Smith fan. He basically gave the script a pulse. Everyone was cool, especially Scott.
              "A screenwriter is much like being a fire hydrant with a bunch of dogs lined up around it.- -Frank Miller

"A real writer doesn't just want to write; a real writer has to write." -Alan Moore

Comment

Working...
              X