Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summer Movies You're Looking Forward To

I've got two must sees which are Iron Man 2 and Inception. Two movies I definitely won't be seeing are the action movies adapted from the 80s or with that 80s feel like The Losers or A-Team.

Re: Summer Movies You're Looking Forward To

The Losers isn't really 80's styled, unless you consider 'guys on a mission' type flicks to be specifically associated with that decade.
    It's a really fun comedic action romp, I was surprised at how stylized and 'hip' it was. But it works; it's breezy fun, the cast is fantastic, and Chris Evans is hilarious. Fans of the comics might be a bit disappointed that they didn't go for the 'gritty action' route over the stylized comedic one, but I think it's charming enough to win over any doubters.

The A-Team looks f***king great too, I died over that scene in the trailer where Murdoch tries to resuscitate the ambulance.

Personally, I'm loving the resurgence of all these cigar-chompin 'dudes kickin' ass and crackin' jokes' flicks

Comment

so far for me:
      Iron Man II
      Salt

Comment

The A-Team doesn't look like the A-Team I knew and loved. Unless they turn a hot dog stand and a length of garden hose into a bullet proof RV with canons on top, then I won't be happy....and if they don't built it in a barn, I'll be doubly unhappy.

Comment

IRON MAN II and INCEPTION. I was disappointed by the A TEAM trailer perhaps because the cast I'd envisioned didn't make the cut. The SALT trailer did not suspend my disbelief. If you're going to make a straight on action movie (meaning no supernatural stuff) with super-thin Angelina Jolie in it you have to be aware of what she is capable of physically.
          "There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you."
          -Maya Angelou

Comment

I'm looking forward to

KICK ASS
            THE LOSERS
            A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET
            IRON MAN 2
            ROBIN HOOD
            MICMACS
            SPLICE
            TOY STORY 3
            JONAH HEX
            INCEPTION
            THE EXPENDABLES
            PIRANHA 3D

Comment

Toy Story 3, above all else.

Also interested in seeing what is done with the new Nightmare on Elm Street. Couldn't make it past the opening of the script I read, but the trailer looks pretty cool. And it can't possibly be worse than the last Friday the 13th.

Comment

As soon as they dropped that tank from the sky I lost all interest in seeing the A Team.

I am chomping at the bit to see Expendables, Kick Ass, The Losers, Salt, and Knight and Day, in that order.
                Chicks Who Script podcast

Comment

I don't usually go out of my way to find out about movies coming out months from now. I mostly find out about new releases accidentally, from SWing boards.

I'm looking forward to these:

SALT-- I'm a Jolie fan. I'll watch anything she's in.
                  KNIGHT AND DAY-- I'm interested in the sub-genre-- male/female romance-action movies (MR & MRS SMITH, etc...). I don't think they make enough of these.
                  ROBIN HOOD-- I like Crowe & Scott & period movies.

And I also think KICK ASS looks interesting.

"Trust your stuff." -- Dave Righetti, Pitching Coach

( Formerly "stvnlra" )

Comment

Hopefully, This Summer!

METROPOLIS

TCM Classic Film Festival (Grauman's Chinese Theatre, April 25)

Silent Film Festival (San Francisco, July)
                    Last edited by Fortean; 04-02-2010, 05:32 PM. Reason: Links to screenings
                    JEKYLL & CANADA (free .mp4 download @ Vimeo.com)

Comment

Watching the trailers, I was interested in seeing Kick-Ass and Season of the Witch...

.... until Nic Cage's lugubrious mug inevitably popped up in both. For the love of Bob, will half-assed casting directors please stop perpetuating that pink noise? There's no such thing as a Nicolas Cage movie... there's just movies with good premises that succeed despite the man.
                      "Forget it, Jake. It's Hollywood."

My YouTube channel.

Comment

Kiss-Ass
                        The A-Team
                        Jonah Hex
                        The Expendables
                        "A screenwriter is much like being a fire hydrant with a bunch of dogs lined up around it.- -Frank Miller

"A real writer doesn't just want to write; a real writer has to write." -Alan Moore

Comment

INCEPTION and TOY STORY 3 are definitely at the top for me.

Comment

One that looks better in the trailer than I would have ever expected is Knight and Day.

I never thought I would ever be interested in another Cruise movie (or Diaz for that matter). It looks potentially fun.

R.O.T.

Comment

Am I the only one who thinks KNIGHT AND DAY looks like the latest and lamest entry in a cycle of diminishing returns that has already dipped from TRUE LIES to MR. AND MRS. SMITH?

Comment

Working...
                              X