No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am so disappointed, I thought I'd share this with all of you

http://www.pastemagazine.com/blogs/l...stanley-k.html

what do you think about that? what's your opinion on creating a film from a script written by a genius who's passed away? do you think they should just leave it alone?
    Originally posted by Great White Mark
    Film is art? Just a tip, it's called show business, not show art.

Re: I am so disappointed, I thought I'd share this with all of you

Stanley Kubrick. The Tupac of the film world.
    Chicks Who Script podcast

Comment

ooo Lunatic at Large sounds really good.

Comment

See the quote in your signature for the answer.
        If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base.
        Dave Barry

Comment

I dunno. Is it not better to have this movie than no movie at all? The concept sounds awesome. Dig the casting, but who is Chris Palmer? According to imdb, he's produced nature docs up to now. Wonder how he got involved...
          Ever thus to deadbeats.

Comment

Yeah I'm not necessarily against his unfinished works being completed. There's also THE ARYAN PAPERS and NAPOLEON. The NAPOLEON script is pretty brilliant. It's all in the execution, because Kubrick was a notorious perfectionist and would have spent more time tinkering with these half-done projects. It's why he delayed so long between films in his later years, I believe. There's an impulse to treat the material as sacrosanct, because it's ****in' KUBRICK, but I think it's a mistake because the man himself would have been rewriting scenes on the day. A.I. for instance could have risen to the next level with just a bit of a clean up, to bring the second and third acts up to speed with the first.

So I'm not against this in theory, but I think it requires a visionary talent who has shown Kubrickian aptitude in the past, ie. Alfonso Cuaron or someone like that.

Comment

Hand LAL to Terry Gilliam. There is no point in trying to approximate what Kubrick would/could have done.
              Frustrated? Click here for help:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning...3Kruger_effect

Comment

Originally posted by Mycroftbrett View Post
                Hand LAL to Terry Gilliam. There is no point in trying to approximate what Kubrick would/could have done.
                I don't know about that. Gilliam's really got to finally make Don Quixote, and his style wouldn't really be suited to this pulp crime story.

Remember he's getting old and his time is precious. I'd rather see him make that good version of Watchmen, or Zero Theorem, or Good Omens, or Crowded Room, or The World Jones Made, or Time Bandits 2, or etc...

Comment

Let Fincher direct them all.

HH

Comment

Let Gilliam make the good version of Watchmen? LOL. I would love to see the alternate universe where Gilliam went ahead with that atrocious Sam Hamm script, just to see the people who hated Snyder's version heads' explode. And now? I mean judging from his last 12 years worth of filmmaking efforts Gilliam can't direct traffic anymore, but that's just me.

Comment

Originally posted by Gwai Lo View Post
                      Let Gilliam make the good version of Watchmen? LOL. I would love to see the alternate universe where Gilliam went ahead with that atrocious Sam Hamm script, just to see the people who hated Snyder's version heads' explode. And now? I mean judging from his last 12 years worth of filmmaking efforts Gilliam can't direct traffic anymore, but that's just me.
                      Gilliam was having Richard LaGravense rewrite the script before the production collapsed.

And his work is coming back into stride with Immaginarium, and Don Quixote should be a full return to his proper brilliance.

Comment

didn't prince find long lost compositions of his genius dead father in the attic in purple rain?

i say go for it! it could be awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Centurio View Post
                          See the quote in your signature for the answer.
                          yep. stop crying.

Comment

Everyone will know it's not Kubrick, but at least there will be a good story behind any film that's made out of these scripts, that's a good starter for six.
                            Forthcoming: The Annual, "I JUST GOT DUMPED" Valentine's Short Screenplay Writing Competition. Keep an eye on Writing Exercises.

Comment

Originally posted by Gwai Lo View Post
                              What utter nonesense!

Please tell me you think before you actually make these posts?

Comment

Working...
                              X