"We dropped the ball on Indiana Jones" Is Shia Lebouf's Career in Jeopardy?

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: "We dropped the ball on Indiana Jones" Is Shia Lebouf's Career in Jeopardy?

By the way, my theory is the number 2 star behind Will Smith is Brad Pitt. He tends to choose smaller films or less explosiony films, but that shows how much juice he's got.

Dude CRUSHES overseas. Small movies like Babel did over 100 overseas.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravenlocks View Post
      I used to regard Zac Efron as nothing but eye candy for teenage girls, but after seeing him in Me and Orson Welles I've changed my mind. I think he's got range. I can't predict his career, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him do pretty well.
      Agreed -- haven't seen him in films yet but I thought he was very good on SNL. If he chooses wisely his career could have legs.

Comment

Everytime I see Zac Efron I can't help but wonder if he's David Cassidy's love child. Dude looks so much like a young David Cassidy it's creepy.
        "Tact's just 'not saying true stuff.' " - Cordelia Chase

Comment

Efron has a lot of stigma to overcome from those HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL movies but he was pretty fantastic in ME AND ORSON WELLES. Linklater will do that to an actor though.

Levitt is no longer that "young" and is certainly not "new", by any definition. He also had some stigma to overcome, he was just that kid from 3RD ROCK FROM THE SUN to me for years. The first time he really made me sit up and pay attention was in a 2001 film called MANIC where he played a troubled youth. Kid definitely has chops.

LaBoeuf actually has star power, and he's definitely a box office draw. The only question is whether is wattage will prevent him from ever getting roles for actors instead of roles for stars.

Comment

Another kid with promise in my opinion is Anton Yelchin. He was one of the best things in the otherwise stinky TERMINATOR: SALVATION (which is impressive, because Mr. Beihn's hobo pants are difficult to fill). He was pretty amusing as Chekhov in STAR TREK. And he did well with CHARLIE BARTLETT. I happen to think he'd make a decent Peter Parker as well, once they get around to casting the SPIDER-MAN reboot.

Comment

They dropped the ball in casting. Shia is not what I think of when I imagine Indiana Jones' son. Shia just isn't the action hero type. Eagle Eye and Transformers just feel wrong for him. It's like someone guiding his career is trying to make him into something he's not. He'll probably do better in films that are more 'sit around talky' stuff. he might even play a high schooler, but he doesn't have the shoulders to carry an action flick as the lead guy or nor the lead guy's son.

It's like Hollywood tried to pass the torch to this kid. But who elected this guy? What is it about him that Hollywood loves so much?

Comment

First time I saw him was in Holes and I've seen everything he's been in ever since. He has that 'je ne sais quoi' leading men seem to have.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IXCK1EyP4s

"I was dreamin' when I wrote this, forgive me if it goes astray." - Prince

Comment

Originally posted by Furious Anjel View Post
                    That was enjoyable. Do you think he knows he does that?
                    Chicks Who Script podcast

Comment

Originally posted by emily blake View Post
                      Doubt it.
                      "I was dreamin' when I wrote this, forgive me if it goes astray." - Prince

Comment

Originally posted by emily blake View Post
                        No. No no no. No!
                        Excedrin Migraine. Red Bull. Fade in.

Sinister Scrawlings

Comment

I just re-watched INDY 4 last night -- my buddy owns it on Blu-Ray; don't ask me why -- and was surprised to find it doesn't suck nearly as hard the second time 'round. Don't get me wrong: it's still an awful movie, but my friend and I were hypothesizing that the reason first-viewing reactions were so vitriolic was due to massive expectations (aka THE PHANTOM MENACE Effect).

When you know what's coming from a narrative POV (even though certain moments still really smart no matter how many times you see 'em), by the end you're more like, "Meh" vs. "WHAT THE HOLY FVCK WAS THAT?"

Comment

Originally posted by 12916studios View Post
                            Not in Hollywood years.
                            In Earth years its pretty young. The Earth has been around 4.5 billion years, something like that anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by nou View Post
                              what do you think of Ben Foster?
                              Love Ben Foster and I was on the set during the filming of Disturbia. Shia is talented. He doesn't have the look of a leading man at all but he's very talented and is backed hardcore by Spielberg. He'll be alright. Look out for Ryan Gosling too. That kid has talent.

Comment

Working...
                              X