Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Movies where the good guy does something bad and pays for it

any suggestions for movies i can check out where a good guy (or woman) makes an honest mistake and or does something dishonest for a good reason and spends the rest of the movie trying to dig themselves out of trouble?

example: that old stephen king movie named Thinner, where guy accidentally killed a gypsy's relative and got a curse put on him for beating the case, etc.
    One must be fearless and tenacious when pursuing their dreams. If you don't, regret will be your reward.

The Fiction Story Room

Re: Movies where the good guy does something bad and pays for it

A Simple Plan.
    NOTES / COVERAGE
    15,000+ Screenplays
    [email protected]

Comment

DRAG ME TO HELL is a lot like THINNER.

Comment

Blake Snyder mentions this in his Save the Cat Monster in the House genre where he refers to it as a "Sin"..

Usually in Horror movies the protagonist comits a sin and the monster comes after him or her or them...

Nightmare on Elmstreet - the parents killed Freddy so he gets vengence on their kids - kind of thing...

Comment

Classic Examples

BEN HUR

LES MISÉRABLES
          JEKYLL & CANADA (free .mp4 download @ Vimeo.com)

Comment

Originally posted by Gwai Lo View Post
            DRAG ME TO HELL is a lot like THINNER.
            oh yea i know tell me about it, drag me to hell basically IS thinner....but i just used that as an example. it doesnt have to be a horror film.

do other genres use this type of plot?
            One must be fearless and tenacious when pursuing their dreams. If you don't, regret will be your reward.

The Fiction Story Room

Comment

Hmmm, now that I think about it you could actually apply this to Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, depending on how you look at it. It may not be exactly what you are looking for, but I would have to say that it applies. As a matter of fact I would say it could be said for both of the main characters really, but especially for Joel. Depending on if you feel that what he did by going to have his memories erased is a bad thing or not, he certainly pays for it for the remainder of the film.

Comment

Insomnia
                Steven Palmer Peterson

Comment

Originally posted by Juno Styles View Post
                  any suggestions for movies i can check out where a good guy (or woman) makes an honest mistake and or does something dishonest for a good reason and spends the rest of the movie trying to dig themselves out of trouble?

example: that old stephen king movie named Thinner, where guy accidentally killed a gypsy's relative and got a curse put on him for beating the case, etc.
                  nicolas cage's character in Con Air
                  Originally posted by Great White Mark
                  Film is art? Just a tip, it's called show business, not show art.

Comment

Every prison movie ever
                    Chicks Who Script podcast

Comment

Ten Commandments

... oh wait

Comment

Butch Cassidy
                        Clockwork Orange
                        Wall Street?

Comment

Seven Pounds w/Will Smith

Comment

will smith did something bad? i thought he was just giving away all his body parts or something, lol. i cant remember what it was about for some reason.

The Fiction Story Room

Comment

Fatal Attraction!
                              Ever thus to deadbeats.

Comment

Working...
                              X