Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A-team

I went because I had to know how bad itw as going to be. And it was.

I am a huge fan of action, but the gimmicks were so far out there, it was beyond ridiculous. Anytime an airplane was involved, I knew things were going to get ugly... Guess that's the aviator in me.

Re: A-team

I'm going wait when it hits DVD. Though I was a big fan of the show (co-creator Stephen J. Cannell's one of my writing influences), I scratch my head wondering if this big-budget version was necessary with the many R-rated action films and more three-dimensional TV shows ("Farscape", "Chuck", "Cowboy Bebop" and "Samurai Champloo" are my favorites) that came after the show's last season.
    "A screenwriter is much like being a fire hydrant with a bunch of dogs lined up around it.- -Frank Miller

"A real writer doesn't just want to write; a real writer has to write." -Alan Moore

Comment

Haven't seen it yet, but liked the trailers (and I'm a sucker for nostalgia).
      To be perfectly honest I WANT TO like this SOOO much....

...but probably will end up disappointed.

This movie summer is already one of the most disappointing to me.
      But I do hope PREDATORS will save the day.

Comment

I enjoyed it alot. They did some things right. I thought the pacing was good. The parashoot trooping escape scene and helicopter escape scene didn't bother me.

The A-Team had some pretty ridiculous stunts during the shows run. It seems they said to themselves "we now how carte blanche" to do some of the crazy stuff we couldn't do in the mid-80s that we can do now.

That might upset some people. But in the end I wasn't too upset knowing the source material.

It was a fun ride that I enjoyed and it never lost my attention once.

I'm probably going to be in the minority on this but I don't care. I had fun at this movie and I'm not apologizing for it.
        I rock it for Jesus and I'm in love.

Dreaming the impossible dream, working towards realizing it one day at a time.

http://johnnyatthemovies.wordpress.com/

Comment

Ugh...

I just couldn't suspend my disbelief enough to enjoy this. I loved most of the cast, but ... ugh...just ugh.
          Joan: What does the "T" stand for?
          Jack: Trustworthy.

Comment

No reason to suspend disbelief. It was just a big summer popcorn movie. The movie didn't take itself seriously, so why should the audience? They just went for fun - and it was.
            If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base.
            Dave Barry

Comment

Originally posted by Centurio View Post
              No reason to suspend disbelief. It was just a big summer popcorn movie. The movie didn't take itself seriously, so why should the audience? They just went for fun - and it was.
              Well we have to be a little critical, no? Otherwise how do you compare a film that is mindless and knows it's mindless, and another that reaches for the stars but doesn't quite make it?
              Joan: What does the "T" stand for?
              Jack: Trustworthy.

Comment

Originally posted by Centurio View Post
                No reason to suspend disbelief. It was just a big summer popcorn movie.
                Bullshit.

Jaws was a big summer popcorn movie. Spiderman 1 and 2 were big summer popcorn movies. Jurassic Park, The Matrix, Finding Nemo...all big summer popcorn movies.

There is simply no excuse for the lack of quality in any film, period.

Give me competence or give me death.

Comment

O.o have you guys not seen The A-Team? I do not understand....
                  I rock it for Jesus and I'm in love.

Dreaming the impossible dream, working towards realizing it one day at a time.

http://johnnyatthemovies.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Biohazard View Post
                    Bullshit.

Jaws was a big summer popcorn movie. Spiderman 1 and 2 were big summer popcorn movies. Jurassic Park, The Matrix, Finding Nemo...all big summer popcorn movies.

Seconded, tolerance for crap only encourages it.
                    ________
                    Interracial movies
                    Last edited by Southern_land; 05-13-2011, 06:55 AM.
                    I heard the starting gun

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Biohazard View Post
                      Bullshit.

yep. there's a big fat line in the sand for big summer movies and big shitty popcorn movies. i wouldnt trust anybody's taste who can't discern the two.

Comment

The Matrix came out in March, so as you guys stroke your egos, figured I'd mention that it wasn't a summer movie.

I'm one of those weird people that thinks movies should be enjoyable, no matter what kind it is.

Comment

Since I'm in L.A. I went to the Arclight to check it out. I knew my husband would like it so I went in with low expectations, but surprisingly I enjoyed it.

It won't win awards and screenwriters will hate it for everything, but I was entertained. With the Arclight's sound, I was ear raped but that was my only complaint but my husband said that part was awesome lol.

It did have some really funny dialogue, but after 11 writers I would hope so. It's absurd and ridiculous as far as stunts but why can't we dream a little eh? In my head I thought, well that's actually creative even thought it's probably impossible to do in real life.

I went in letting my guard down and not being so analytical like I normally am and it was a fun little two hours. Better than sitting in my hotel room listening to sirens on Sunset lol.
                          Quack.

Writer on a cable drama.

Comment

The A-Team...

I went and saw a 320pm showing of the film at a new movie theater(big comfy seats, ).
                            I thought The A-Team was very good. The third act had a lot of "Huh?" & "Wait, Wha?" moments but many action films that run over 90 min do that.
                            I didn't care for the quick edits and shotgun approach the writer/dir choose to use. The court/Art 32 hearing scenes and the military funeral part seemed distorted & rushed. The love/relationship with Faceman and Sosa(Jessica Biel) was under-developed too.

The big action, CGI & stunts were well made & made The A Team worth watching on a big screen. The bad weather/Germany scenes were a bit off but that was just one part of the film.

I would suggest The A Team as a fun summer movie.

Beefy
                            ps: the actor from Austraila who played CPT Howling Mad Murdock did great. He put a lot into the role and gave the film a good comedic bent. Watch for some series cameos too, hint hint
                            I'd rather get bank credit, than screen credit.

Comment

Re: The A-Team...

Originally posted by BeefMissile View Post
                              I went and saw a 320pm showing of the film at a new movie theater(big comfy seats, ).
                              I thought The A-Team was very good. The third act had a lot of "Huh?" & "Wait, Wha?" moments but many action films that run over 90 min do that.
                              I didn't care for the quick edits and shotgun approach the writer/dir choose to use. The court/Art 32 hearing scenes and the military funeral part seemed distorted & rushed. The love/relationship with Faceman and Sosa(Jessica Biel) was under-developed too.

The big action, CGI & stunts were well made & made The A Team worth watching on a big screen. The bad weather/Germany scenes were a bit off but that was just one part of the film.

I would suggest The A Team as a fun summer movie.

Beefy
                              ps: the actor from Austraila who played CPT Howling Mad Murdock did great. He put a lot into the role and gave the film a good comedic bent. Watch for some series cameos too, hint hint
                              I thought he was South African? (at least in District 9 he was).

Comment

Working...
                              X