Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• INCEPTION - Nolan's masterpiece!

Review is up on IGN and it's GLOWING. Calling the film - Nolan's masterpiece and best yet. 5 out of 5 stars! I'm not surprised, I'm just jealous.

http://movies.ign.com/articles/110/1103912p1.html

Re: INCEPTION - Nolan's masterpiece!

I. Can't. Wait.

Comment

Got our reserved seats for opening night. Front row center balcony, Kabuki SF. Bring on the mindfvck!

SMASH TO:

BLACK

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaHans View Post
        Bring on the mindfvck!
        I just hope that it makes sense. I hate bullsh*t "trippy"/"mindfvck" nonsense (that attracts drones simply because they want to look for something that's likely not even there - cough, cough, Lost (most befitting the writers, I'd say).

Drop an acid, stare at the wall listening to Tubular Bells... how these folk evolve.
        Cufk, Tish, Sips.

Comment

LOL! I hate LOST. I'm hoping for more along the lines of 2001, DARK CITY, THE MATRIX I, THE FOUNTAIN...oh BTW there's nothing wrong with dropping acid bro, you should try it. Might like...expand your mind, y'know, and it's really colorful and rad and all these pinwheels.....

SMASH TO:

BLACK

Comment

Well...it can't be any worse than The Dark Knight.

Comment

Originally posted by Biohazard View Post

Yawn.
              "Tact's just 'not saying true stuff.' " - Cordelia Chase

Comment

In my humble opinion, Nolan is a first-class action director. So let him loose with a kinetic story that organically allows him to break the laws of physics (think THE MATRIX) and I'm there on opening day. Salivating with anticipation...
                NOTES / COVERAGE
                15,000+ Screenplays
                [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by Biohazard View Post
                  Word up! Yo!

I loved Memento and The Prestige. Hated Dark Knight.

If it bears similarities to Dreamscape, that's OK with me, because I liked that movie.

Comment

Originally posted by Grandmaster View Post
                    I just hope that it makes sense. I hate bullsh*t "trippy"/"mindfvck" nonsense (that attracts drones simply because they want to look for something that's likely not even there - cough, cough, Lost (most befitting the writers, I'd say).
                    I was thinking the same thing. Hope that's not the case (though I'm not a big fan of these adventures either way). Films like that would insult a six year old. I'm still annoyed by the last quarter of Indy 4.
                    "There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you."
                    -Maya Angelou

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaHans View Post
                      ...oh BTW there's nothing wrong with dropping acid bro, you should try it. Might like...expand your mind, y'know, and it's really colorful and rad and all these pinwheels.....
                      No. Please don't remind me. Last time I dropped acid I spent the bulk of the night crying into my shoe laces. I took one of those Red Dragon tabs. Damn thing nearly killed me.

Expecting great things from Nolan and Co. I just like the fact that hardly any of us know what the hell this is about. It's so rare these days to not know everything about a movie before going in. Back in the 80's and 90's - as a kid, you went because the poster looked cool, and that was about all you knew.
                      @TerranceMulloy

Comment

"drop an acid". Mom is that you?
                        Frustrated? Click here for help:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning...3Kruger_effect

Comment

Originally posted by Terrance Mulloy View Post
                          Expecting great things from Nolan and Co. I just like the fact that hardly any of us know what the hell this is about. It's so rare these days to not know everything about a movie before going in. Back in the 80's and 90's - as a kid, you went because the poster looked cool, and that was about all you knew.
                          Agreed. It is very refreshing.

I just hope we know what the hell it's about after seeing it (ie. it makes sense).

Comment

Originally posted by Architeuthis Dux View Post
                            Word up! Yo!

I loved Memento and The Prestige. Hated Dark Knight.

If it bears similarities to Dreamscape, that's OK with me, because I liked that movie.
                            My opinion as well. So far this and The Sorcerer's Apprentice are the only movies I'm looking forward to this summer. The S. A mainly because Cage looks like he's having so much fun in the trailers.
                            sigpic http://blip.fm/Peasblossom

Comment

Originally posted by Terrance Mulloy View Post
                              No. Please don't remind me. Last time I dropped acid I spent the bulk of the night crying into my shoe laces. I took one of those Red Dragon tabs. Damn thing nearly killed me.
                              For a "recreational drug" it does have the ability to live rent free in your head, sometimes for quite a while - flashbacks anyone? Windowpane - I'll never do that again.
                              sigpic http://blip.fm/Peasblossom

Comment

Working...
                              X